Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guess our new products! - Sanwu Lasers

You know that any RGB laser photographed from the laser and pointed at the sky will always look good as long as the beams overlap at the output. I would rather see the beam coming toward the camera from at least 100 feet away. That will give you a REAL test of how the beams match up and how well they have been aligned.

As amazing as that would be, I think it probably is not worth sanwu's time to align the laser so precisely, especially considering the slightest knocks brought about by shipping would render all of that work useless. I think they should use a design where it comes aligned "adequate for use", but can be fine tuned by the recipient for optimal performance. That way, everyone could still get what they want without paying for high labor costs.

Radim

Thanks for the video Radim. Think one of these has got my name written all over it. :D

I think my name is on one on them as well. :D Anyway Sanwu could offer custom engravings on host, name, some simple pic... Just to take it literally. :)

You know that any RGB laser photographed from the laser and pointed at the sky will always look good as long as the beams overlap at the output. I would rather see the beam coming toward the camera from at least 100 feet away. That will give you a REAL test of how the beams match up and how well they have been aligned.

And they listen to you, Paul! The video cyberdoc posted shows that (just closer than 100 feet):

Hi All:

Another new Sanwu RGB video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P8DxapDz28

Take Care. :D

-cd

I love it. The beam looks awesome.

And now, Podo, tell us - when will you take orders for this awesome RGB laser? As defined in my signature, the laser is wishlisted in my case, so I cannot wait. :D

Last edited:
It would seem so, Radim. Wish it had been a bit farther out. It is better than the ones before.

BobMc

Hi All:

Another new Sanwu RGB video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P8DxapDz28

Take Care. :D

-cd

Thanks for finding/posting the video. Sanwu RBG is coming along just fine.

+reps

I think my name is on one on them as well. :D Anyway Sanwu could offer custom engravings on host, name, some simple pic... Just to take it literally. :)

I love it. The beam looks awesome.

And now, Podo, tell us - when will you take orders for this awesome RGB laser? As defined in my signature, the laser is wishlisted in my case, so I cannot wait. :D

Haaa, I do know what you mean I’m looking forward to get my grubby paws on one myself!

Radim

It would seem so, Radim. Wish it had been a bit farther out. It is better than the ones before.

Definitely, Paul. :D But you know, we asked for info and we got the best answer ATM. Sanwu cares about us. ;)

Maybe there will be published outdoor video showing the beam coming towards camera from far away including dot view hiting some surface, where the dot will be at least 30 cm (1 foot) diameter to see how well the alignment is done and how is the divergence of individual RGB channels. :thinking:

Honestly, I think we are doing them the best marketing on this discussing the laser here. And it seems to me LPF is one of their main distribution channels. I would do it like this if I was portable laser producer.

During my undergrad many years ago I did my final thesis on alternative distribution channels in insurance industry (with in depth look and focus on facebook and internet use in my country by insurers). It was interesting to predict some stuff, which actually evolved to that way. Still the thesis is now obsolete, due to fast developement in this area. Anyway the principles defined there are still valid and applicable in general on these kind of distribution channels.

Definitely LPF is social network with little in core but strong community and wide source of information for those interested in the hobby. Google searches for laser pointer or portable leads here. The best place you can go for being laser hobbyist IMO.

However the community is hardly forgiving bad behaviour (e.g. Wicked Lasers case), but identifying and supporting those with great products and approach (e.g. Sanwu, Jet Lasers, Dragon Lasers...), there are critical reviews of high quality here, individual and experience based recommendations to those about to acquire laser (word of mouth/mouse is the best advertisment you can get), etc.

Still we are tolerant here to some troubles occuring during shipments or with product, if they are being actively solved by the seller, what can be also appreciated by potential buyer, since problem solving, pre-sale and after-sale customer care are part of complex product the top companies in the hobby deliver. Definitely worth to mention experiences, since those potential customers looking for laser are aware of how the company will likely approach them. You know how it is, when buying lasers, a lot of money for great photonic device, but so many things can go wrong....

LPF is an asset for Sanwu (and others with superior products) IMO and they should approach it like this - invest time and effort (therefore money) in communication here, putting content of value etc. What can be better source for market analysis, than be part of the community generating this market and have first hand information?

I like Sanwu's approach a lot, I'm aware developement of complex device like RGB portable takes time to bring it into perfection before it is being sold (reputational risk), but I want this laser sooooo badly and ASAP. :crackup:

(And I think I'm not alone here...)

Haaa, I do know what you mean I’m looking forward to get my grubby paws on one myself!

And I think now there are $ $ rotating in Sanwu's eyes, like in animated cartoons. :D :crackup:

25ir29.jpg

Last edited:

BobMc

And I think now there are $ $ rotating in Sanwu's eyes, like in animated cartoons. :D :crackup:

25ir29.jpg

I’m thinking Sanwu will keep the price reasonable. They should make a fair profit for their time/money/investment etc. They have always (IMO) treated their customers properly so I’m thinking they will stick to their track record. It’s not going to be cheap but I’m thinking it will be fair. ( least I’m hoping) :)

Last edited:

Radim

I’m thinking Sanwu will keep the price reasonable. They should make a fair profit for their time/money/investment etc. They have always (IMO) treated their customers properly so I’m thinking they will stick to their track record. It’s not going to be cheap but I’m thinking it will be fair. ( least I’m hoping) :)

Definitely - pricing is key factor. What would be profit, if nobody buys it? They need volume to repay the invested money into R&D. Let's see with what they'll come up... I'm even willing to go for some custom version at higher cost as second tripple laser host later. But I'll definitely go with current version being developed first. The rule is you cannot have too much lasers in the collection. :)

Last edited:
Well, in a couple of weeks we should know the price. I agree that it will be important as a modest price could guarantee a lot of sales, while an exorbitant one would mean only a few might be sold.

BobMc

Definitely - pricing is key factor. What would be profit, if nobody buys it? They need volume to repay the invested money into R&D. Let's see with what they'll come up... I'm even willing to go for some custom version at higher cost as second tripple laser host later. But I'll definitely go with current version being developed first. The rule is you cannot have too much lasers in the collection. :)

Agreed, especially about the “you can never have to many lasers” part. :)

In the new video at 1:47 it looks like there is some tritium to tell which knob is which.

Chinese New Year is over bring on the lasers!! :gun:
I need to know the price cmon Sanwu why the heck >:| worst thing about this laser hobby is the Chinese New Years lmao.

Still no info on when this beast is gonna be released, eh? There should be a giveaway with the prototypes when the final models are available!!!