Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guess our new products! - Sanwu Lasers

Wow, we’ve really caught a serious case of RGB Fever!! Maybe Podo could post another contest guessing the laser components and specs. Lol...

-cd :crackup:

And I thought the small RGB brass/alloy module I built was small, this one must be tiny!

In think I'd prefer a 577 for the $2k price tag for a dpss RGB. Personal preference.

That would be cool to see the RGB being programmable, depends on how those adjustment wheels work, digital or analog

That 577nm would make it a RYB laser. I have a feeling from the lack of confirmation that it is three separate diodes. I could get interested if the GB price were right and the beams line up well. Otherwise, it would just be another red, green and blue individual beams in one host, instead of three.

What Paul said. ^ However the video looks as if they align, I hope they do.

Last edited:
Yep definatly looks very nicely aligned, What a product! Let’s just hope I’m close to the price, $500-$600 No way it’s $2000 I could build one and started but my problem is the electronics, 3 flexdrives just doesn’t cut it, If I can get ahold of the adjustable dimmer driver that he is using I could make a very nice housing! This is just what I need though since most of my lasers have been sold,

They do look like they are aligned, but the video doesn't show beam separation and it only shows at a very close distance. If the alignment is good, then it will be a truly new kind of pointer. Wonder what the GB price will be. :thinking:

There are RGB diodes in the works but I don't think they're in the wild yet. Not enough for a group buy. These are likely 3 diodes aligned in a very, very compact module

If all 3 diodes have the same diameter and divergence then this is every color you ever wanted, no need for a yellow and a sky blue and......It's all in one HH.

They won’t, if single mode much closer, otherwise notta. Even single mode R,GB diides have beam diameter differences, or mRad differences, the red wavelengths always higher.

The unit RBAstro built looks pretty darn good, that's an OPT module isn't it?

Last edited:
It would be quite an accomplishment if these HH are close enough to not bleed out the sides of the beam. I takes very specific diodes with very specific optics to get it that close. I am sceptical for now, but would love to be proved wrong.

Radim

If all 3 diodes have the same diameter and divergence then this is every color you ever wanted, no need for a yellow and a sky blue and......It's all in one HH.

Unfortunately not. Only certain color combinations restricted by RGB channels wavelengths triangle are the color space of this rgb laser and only those are possible. Chromaticity diagram is however bigger - there are colors that cannot be mixed since they are out of the triangle of RGB channels.

See here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_space

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromaticity

No way to replace 589 nm for example, close but...
Still there are so many colors possible.

In adition to yellow for example - if you use diffraction grating you won't get yellow beams out, but green and red beams out.

Last edited:
For laser photography this would be limited in what you could photograph. It could be still nice to have, but only if they get the divergence right. I know how to do this as I have already done it with my own controller.

Radim

For laser photography this would be limited in what you could photograph. It could be still nice to have, but only if they get the divergence right. I know how to do this as I have already done it with my own controller.

Of course. Colorspaces of camera sensors as well as monitors are limited, but different slightly from colorspace of the RGB laser expected here. With eye however you notice the difference. I would not sell my 473 nm or 589 nm just to get RGB laser to replace them. Still it does not make RGB laser less awesome. :)

And I wish DPSS version. :crackup:

Edit: "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later." Damn it, hopefully I can rep you soon as well as a few others I tried and couldn't.

Last edited: