Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

Tmack

I get that look a lot! Remember I got my first laser in August!

Btw

Customs status updated ,

Cincinnati hub, OH USA!!!!!!!

This shipping is crazy!!!

Last edited:

Sorry..Been crazy busy. DHL left mine on the doorstep monday. Had to wait for it to thaw so what better time to void the warranty and peek inside. Fairly basic for a chi projector.
The galvos looked more like stepper motors. The modules are all nicely sinked and fanned.
I've asked the wife to find some glycerin at CVS, and the Chauvet won't get here till friday. UPDATE! She just found it and called me her mad scientist. Muah ha ha ha....
Hopefully will have some vids on my YTube channel tonight.

@Livinloud How much for the sinks, and where can I find a C6? :D
Thanks again for a great GB. This is one heck of a projector for the money!
Shoulda bought two!!

Just posted a FS "ad" so its being approved now but aluminum- $4, black ano aluminum- $5 and copper $10. Shipping iirc was 1= $3, 2-4 = $5 and it went up from there. I hate how once the ad is posted you cant see or edit it :( Also have custom ano options available since im sending a few hosts out to mr. crouse so I can add some plain aluminum heat sinks to my order and the buyer would just pay the cost of ano.

C6 are cheap, can get a C6 flashlight from china for $6 or in the US for $10-15 :D

Glad the projector arrived safe and sine you took the step to void it, might as well post some photos of the guts ;) Ill go start the Casa photo thread and give you the link so we can start the madness!

Tmack

Did any of your projectors go through Cincinnati on the way to you? If so how long did it take to get to you from there. I figured they would be coming through New York

Tmack

So maybe tomorrow??!!??!!??!! We have a crapload of snow right now though. Might get delayed like my last " snow delivery"

Still fast as a mug.

Gadget

Yeah baby.... out of customs at 10:32a
Should be in DFW by morning.

Shipment has been given
a release by Customs.
Next Step:
Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another

regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

Tmack

Same status as mine at 10:30. Hopefully the snow doesn't effect the delivery tomorrow.

mine is just in acceptance at Hong Kong for the past few days, when should it arrive ?

48 hours

EDIT: Might want to update that signature, you got a RGB not RG projector ;)

Last edited:
48 hours

EDIT: Might want to update that signature, you got a RGB not RG projector ;)

oh i will update it once i have it, tho technically that is a red green projector.. a cheepie one i got online .. but my new one will blow it out of the water lol

Actually mine was accepted friday and arrived monday so you'll prob get it monday. DHL works on the weekend to ship but they wont deliver on the weekend

Tmack

Looks like the closest thing to white is what they are calling silver. On a darker background it is very light, but the mixture may be too off to get pure white.

Has anyone got Casa manual in softcopy format by any chance?. I'm missing page 3-7 hence I don't know how to turn on the sound activated mode or what the dip switches are for. I've shot an email to Crina but I thought I might get faster answer from this forum :D

its uploaded in this thread. dip switch 1-8 are for DMX channels, the only ones that matter are the last two, for sound and auto. sorry I dont know it off the top of my head

yea i dont have mine yet but considering it it for my moms dance studio and you mentioned sound control i think that part would also be important to me too lol -- thanks

EDIT lol i think you posted the answer as i said this

Last edited: