Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

Tmack

Haha I just saw it. Looks great. Man I'm excited! Colors look very bright. Way brighter than the 3d in the day. The 3d patterns are too complex to be that bright. This is what I originally wanted!

Yes it is very bright in the day. Blinds were open and lights were off; just normal daylight shining in the room :D

I need to figure out the settings on my point and shoot camera. Dang this is making me wish I bought a DSLR or asked for one for xmas/graduation

Tmack

Even though we know what you mean, I'm waiting for someone to cry about calling it a 589 lol.

Yeah my phone really can't capture my 3d beams very well. Hopefully the casa is strong enough to make up for my bad camera

589nm is yellow :thinking: not ever yellow is 593.5nm so those critics can kiss it :na:

Tmack

Haha my thoughts exactly.
Man my dmx is jealous! Really want to see how it tweak the patterns. How is the auto show? Have you stood in front yet? Come on man, spark a cig and get some beams going!

If you get the Chauvet , it can control the fog machine with it too, along with about 10 other machines.

Last edited:
Not a smoker ;) Have not stood in front of it yet. Actually when I first used it I had my 405-532nm glasses on :p just wanted to make sure it wasnt SUPER OP and blinding. Took them off and its not bad. Keep in mind I was also 6 feet from the door and right behind the projector. At 15+ feet it would be no problem. Only got a little bright when the patterns were dots.

I didnt get all the way through auto mode, afaik. Spent a good 10-15 min watching it. Put it away since I got stuff to do today but tonight should be fun, as long as the GF doesnt flip out that I bought one :eek:

Tmack

Mine already did and is over it lol. But I have yet to make the final payment for the dual dominator , so round two coming soon :scared:

Hey Tmack,
The only fog machines that the Chauvet 40 or 70 can control are the more expensive ones made by Chauvet. The Chauvet fog machine I have (which cost me 50 dollars) cannot be controlled by the DMX controllers I have, but it does have a wired remote I use all the time. Also I would recommend to be very cautious while standing in front of the projector unless you are running static patterns with a DMX contoller to lock them in. In auto or sound activated mode the patterns are changing and they are unpredictable and will flash across your face. When they are static, I just turn my head when crossing the beams and once "inside" the pattern, I have found it to be totally safe for my eyes and camera since the beams are pointing outwards forming the tunnel effect. And you can make the tunnel very tight or very wide, wide being the safest.

Last edited:

Tmack

Oh I see. So are strobe lighting required to be chauvet too?

I would imagine so. Go to the Chavet website and you can see which fog machines and strobes can be controlled via the DMX controller. At first I thought my fog machine would hook up but that is not the case. Since the fog machine has a long wired remote it doesn't really matter as I can carry around the fog remote and give a shot or two of fog when needed

Tmack

Saw a 1000w at party city for $70. W/remote. I might have to treat myself.

Well if you ever need a heat sink let me know, I have the market cornered for a bit but the difference is I'll be offering them MUCH cheaper than Survival Laser. Thinking aluminum for ~$4 and copper for ~$10 (plus shipping and quantity discounts available) :p Haven't really thought it through much, I grabbed them all sine I needed a bunch and it made more sense to buy ~100 of them than buy 10, my mind doesnt work like most peoples I guess :eg:

EDIT: I think my middle name is impulsive :na: My GF saw me laying these out and she was like WTF are those, I told her, she was like and you paid how much, I told her and she looked at me like WTF, you have lost your mind!!!!!! Im just hoping she isnt right :D

Last edited: