Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio (Ending ~Jan 20)

As of 1/10/14 this GB is a go with 6+ members! :D

You don't need to commit to this but a simple post saying interested and in what model will greatly help me figure out the interest in these!

We only need to get 5 units purchased to get a discount. 2 are currently spoken for so ATM only 3 more people are needed but the more the better chance for bigger discounts :D

Prices shipped are to the USA. PLEASE PM ME OR POST HERE for shipping quote to your country. Already got a quote for Indonesia, which was $12 more than US shipping. Prices are based on DHLs calculator and not Casa so I am able to get the quotes fast. Already confirmed this is the proper price for shipping :D

The three members of this GB (thus far) have decided not to wait too long for this to gain interest and have set a 2 week window to gain interest. This feeler will end around Jan 20. If you are remotely interested then please post here. YOU ARE NOT COMMITTED TO BUY ANYTHING. It is just so you can be involved if we get impatient and decided to place our order on Jan 15 for example :D If this GB doesn't happen then the three of us will just go retail and get the projectors since its a deal that is impossible to pass up

Hey guys,

HEADS UP- KEEP IN MIND THE PRICES I'M POSTING ARE RETAIL PRICES. I AM CONTACTING THE SOURCE TONIGHT TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY ROOM IN THESE PRICES BUT THEY ARE ALREADY REALLY INEXPENSIVE!

While searching the internet for some RGB projectors I came across a source that sells quality projectors relatively inexpensive for retail. I have also found a member who has one of these projectors and they look amazing. I know Hak just finished his GB for projectors but the cheapest one was over $250 iirc. I found a source that has similar projectors for less (IM NOT SAYING Hak's was a rip off or these are better since we'd need a member who has two similar to compare them for us). I know Hak worked his butt off for the deal he got and we will leave his GB separate from this one. I missed out on his GB and then didn't feel comfortable dealing direct with Linna myself due to payment issues and not seeing eye to eye so that's why I went my own way. If this doesn't turn into a GB then Ill either buy one at retail or wait for Hak's next round and let him deal with Linna.

Unit - retail price - GB price - units spoken for
Green & Violet (140mW) for $128 shipped DHL
RGY (red, green, yellow) 280mW is $145 shipped DHL
RGV (red green violet) 250mW is $165 shipped DHL
RGB 280mW is $193 shipped DHL
RGV 500mW is $200 shipped DHL
RGB 600mW is $220 shipped DHL $187 shipped DHL for 5+ units 6+ units spoken for already
RGB 1W $390 shipped DHL
RGB Professional 1W $438 shipped DHL (ILDA) 1-2 units based on discount
RGB 2W $591 shipped DHL
RGB 2W Professional $732 shipped DHL (ILDA)

Their store takes Paypal, CC, bank transfers, HSBC (guess that's for you European members) or Western Union so we have a ton of payment options. I myself am taking PP for the buyer protection and I feel its the safest way. Been screwed over on a MO before so that's a 100% no go for me, but everyone is different :D

They have just red or green sound activated units for under $100 shipped DHL but not sure if anyone is interested in those.

***Above prices are retail prices so obviously hoping to get better deals. Prices are also shipped individually so they are going straight to the buyer and not me then you***

"Professional" projectors are the only ones that come with ILDA connections, the rest are auto/sound/DMX controlled (didn't check into the multi lens units since not sure if anyone wants those but if there is interest I will look into those as well). I myself thought ILDA would be needed but DMX is actually really easy and a lot cheaper to use (if you ever will use anything other than Auto or Sound

Im interested in either the RGB 1W or RGB 600mW myself. Brucemir has the 600mW himself and the photos from it can be seen: http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/pics-12-14-13-a-86797.html. Bruce is using DMX to control his unit for those photos so ILDA isn't needed to get a killer photo or show. (I may ask him to chime in if there are questions on that unit since he owns it and can tell us first hand.

Not sure what else there is to say at this point except I will update as soon as I hear back from the manufacture (these would be coming direct from the manufacture and not a reseller just a FYI)

I'm more than happy with the retail prices on these since they are killer already. Not sure how much wiggle room there is on them but even if its only $100 on a 2W or $75 on a 1W, then Ill take it. They have single wavelength projectors and projectors up to 4 lens so this could be an interesting GB if there is enough interest. If we can get the prices down a bit then I'd be game for two projectors :drool:

***I profit 0% financially off this GB and the only reason I'm interested in doing this is since I'm having surgery and will be out of work for 6 weeks so I have time to do all the back and forth with the manufacture. Plus the chance that it lowers the price of a 600mW or 1W even more since that's what I'm going to buy***

Thanks
-LL

*photos are Brucemir's and not mine*

As you can see from the photo below, the CTL-HM handles white beams very well :D

----------------------------
Livinloud - 600mW (1W?)
Tmack- 600mW
Bajaiman- 600mW
Coherent Thought- 600mW
---
Flomotion- 600mW (1W?)
Ricflair- 600mW

Djozz? - 600mW
Koyotee? - 600mW

Last edited:

Grix

Re: FEELER: Laser projectors $128 and up

Scanner specs?

Tmack

I'd be in for the 1w. If a group buy doesn't happen I'll go in with you for retail LL.

Grix, what type of specs are you after so I can get the right info for you.

Scanning speed and angle width

Ok. Sending an email now. If anyone else has questions about the projectors or specs then let me know. Ill be on here very little in the next 4 or 5 days due to surgery but as soon as I get home ill be on here a ton

Bump for some new info. I got a few emails back and forth but most of them were regarding units needed to purchase for discounts and user manuals.

Grix, not sure if these will help with your question but this is what I got when asking about the scanners:

New Micro-stepping motor scanner with big angle scanning
Effects: Time tunnels, Flip,Zoom(+/-),Rotation, Speed(+/-),Clouds, Strobes, sound sensitivity control
Stand alone via DMX
LED indicator display the status of the POWER
After 8 seconds without sound laser will be shut down automatically
Dynamic scan speed adjust
Dynamic pattern speed adjust laser on/off
More than 300 beam show and patterns were inbuilted
Black metal casing
Color optional:Silver or Black laser
Class:3B
Fan cooled
applicable for :LTV club party stage family
operating modes:Auto,Sound active,Master/Slave&DMX
sound sensitivity control

If you have a specific question then let me know and Ill add it to an email.

Right now it looks like we will need 5 units to get a discount, possibly 8. There was both thrown out but it was by two different people so trying to find out which is correct.

I know we will have at least two units (most likely the 600mW) and that's me and Tmack. Also checking if its 5/8 units of the same unit or 5/8 units total to get a discount.

Tmack

I think the 600mw is the best power/ features to price ratio. I'm definitely in

Yes it definitely is the power/price/feature ratio at an affordable price for everyone. The "professional" units are cool with the LED display rather than dip switch set up but dip switches are easy if you watch a 10 minute YT video. At first I was like dude WTF is with those 10 switches but its just binary code and in reality you only need two, last two to select modes. Its either both on (auto) or off/on for sound mode; both off is for DMX, SIMPLE!

Well email sent with a few questions I had and asking for quantity clarification. You dont need to commit to this but a simple post saying interested and in what model will greatly help me figure out the interest in these!

Only need 5 units to get the discount. The CTL-HM price on the price sheet was outdated and they didnt know it so I am asking for an update on that price.

Tmack

Re: FEELER: Laser projectors from $128; awesome price-power ratio

Good news! Thanks Sean

You still most interested in the CTL-HM? It seems to be the best price - power - feature ratio available. I mean just over $200 shipped retail for a 600mW RGB is kick a$$

Waiting on the 5 unit discount for that unit and also asked for shipping quote on 5 of them (both shipped individually and all to me). Based on the DHL calculator its actually cheaper to have them shipped to each buyer so hoping they can confirm the calculator is correct.

Tmack

Yeah I'm down. That price is just too good. And as of Monday ill have a DMX to play with. Ill be able to hook the 3D and the HM to the controller and see what happens.

Waiting to see Bruce's photos of that exact set up ;) Now that will be an amazing thread. No offense but his photos are just :drool:

Tmack

Can't see how I'd take offense to that. He's the master no doubt.

Oh, can you please pm me your address. I know it's on the invoice but just to make it easy. Thanks man. I should know it by now lol

Please count me in on the RGB 600mW unit... thanks :)