Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from the UK ^^

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around these forums for a couple of months now, because I'm planning on buying both a 1W blue and green laser. Originally I intended to buy those from WickedLasers but after doing some research on them I ended up in this forum, where the feedback for WL was mediocre - negative.

Something about me, maybe...

Well, my name's Alex, I'm 32 years old and living in London. I work for a well known Japanese video game developer and publisher and I'm attracted to lasers since 1994, when my dad bought me my very first red laserpointer which I still have (it's aaaaaaaaancient... but it still works!)

I got a couple of low power pen style lasers right now ranging from 5 to 100mw, but the geek inside me is hungry for MOAR, and that's why I'm here :D

I've been looking around a lot of Chinese handheld laser manufacturers but can't decide from which company to buy as I either dislike the host or they don't have 1W greens, so hopefully someone from this forum can sell me something with satisfies the nerd inside me ^^

A cheerful HELLO to everyone and best wishes,
Alex

Last edited:

Yay! Another brit! Where in London? Because over my Christmas holiday I'm going to turn on the 5W Greenwich Meridian laser. I'll be posting a thread about it on here closer to the time, but I was going to invite along anyone who happened to be nearby that was interested.

Thanks and yes - I treasure my eye sight! ^^
I have 4 pairs of goggles here for myself and interested spectators.

Ash

Welcome to the forums! :beer:

You'll find that 1W+ blue handheld lasers are everywhere, and 1W green handheld lasers are nearly impossible to find at a reasonable (<$1000) price.

Yeah, that's true. Finding a blue one is relatively easy, indeed.

I don't mind spending something between 750-1000 US$, but I'd rather have a good quality then. As stated, I originally planned to drop one grand on the 1W green laser from WL but then I didn't pull the trigger as I heard of it's horrible customer support and under specced lasers.

Last edited:
Just curious, why do you want a 1W handheld particularly? You can get lower powered handhelds and higher powered labbies for much cheaper. While I don't know much about scanners, I'd imagine $1000 would get you quite a nice one. Or you could buy a gas laser and get some exotic colours or ungodly power.

Well, I like the portability and that they emit no noise, but if you guys have recommendations for a good, green 500mw+ handheld, please don't hesitate to bring them up.

I've been looking into lab laser, but they seem to be pretty noisy because of their active cooling mechanisms.