Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Germany! (:

So, I've finally registered myself over here at LPF.

I was obsessed with lasers since the day I can barely imagine what they are what they do and how they do it - and as I've owned my first cheap 660nm <3mW laserpointer in 2007 I was kinda sold. I've purchased my first green DPSS laser about a month later... I've read lots about lasers in general over the whole web and have been a silent reader at LPF for years, too. In between I've owned various lasers in the visible range and always wanted to build my own - which seems impossible for me due to the lack of basic electronic knowledge and mechanical skills so I hope to learn more in this regard by registering myself over here!

Anyway, I wanted to say a big THANKS and RESPECT to all those who've brought this great hobby/community into life - peace. :gj:

Welcome to LPF. :) sounds like you already know the place, so have fun with the people. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Reactions: ped

Arayan

A warm
welcome_191.png
to LPF :beer:

The pic in your avatar is very nice... is yours? :)

Hey welcome to the forums. It's pretty easy to learn to build your stuff if that's what you'd like to do. Just be sure to read lots before you jump into it.

sinner

I remember my dad taught me soldering when i was 10.. I ripped my grandma's stereo apart and im doing it since then.. its always been fun :p
Good luck n Welcome!

howdy. what a coincidence. i just joined the forum too, and i'm also form germany.

so, hello forum!!!

and, is anyone of the german folks from berlin by any chance?

Ich komme aus Griechenland, abrer jetzt wohne ich in Stuttgart :) Wissen sie, ob ein besonderes Gesetz für lasers in Deutschland gibt?

oh, da kenne ich mich nicht so gut aus. das passiert ja aller eher privat in den eigenen 4 wänden. aber es gibt da durch aus scharfe regelungen was den besitz und auch das verwenden von lasern ab klasse 3 angeht. vielleicht einfach mal einen betreiber von lasershows fragen.

grüße

oh, da kenne ich mich nicht so gut aus. das passiert ja aller eher privat in den eigenen 4 wänden. aber es gibt da durch aus scharfe regelungen was den besitz und auch das verwenden von lasern ab klasse 3 angeht. vielleicht einfach mal einen betreiber von lasershows fragen.

grüße

LOL I'm not that good yet. Take it easy :D mind giving us and Übersetzung? :D

ah, sorry! i just said that i dont know much about the legal side of lasers in germany. just that its legal to own and use lasers of class 1 and 2, which means lasers with less then 1mW. its not allowed to sell lasers above that. not sure about owning.

i think to really get some insight on that topic it would be a good idea to ask someone who's doing laser shows professionally, like for clubs or cinemas.

Though going heavily off topic with this one ;) - I can tell you that using ANYTHING emitting lasers exceeding 1mW of power which is between 400-800nm is not allowed to be used in public places, sold or even imported.
That's exactly why I personally would only import non-functional and seperate laser components whithout any warning labels, Batteries and even if you get the bad luck to visit your local customs - never to mention the word LASER, since anything unassembled is not an functional laser unit, as far as the law goes.

just my 2cts on this one, no guarantees whatsoever :D