Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser burning and beam expander

Hey guys, I thought I'd share a few video clips I've compiled since we don't have many beam expander videos here.
The first half of the video is without the Laserglow X10DR (Extender).
Forgive for me misspelling "baloon" in the video... By the time I noticed it it was too late and I don't feel like editing and re-uploading it. :p

I'd also like to point out that you can see that the balloon pops before the laser even warms up!

When I get the chance, I'll get some videos of the "X10DR" in action with someone on the "receiving end" :eg: (if you know what I'm sayin).

I plan on shooting it across about 10 miles.

The laser, of course, is my PGL-III-C 532 still going strong.

Here's the video:

jeffd

Wow that laser burns like crazy, I cant wait to see more vids!

well im about to buy a x10 2day... ive purchased a titan which is identical to hercules...it puts out about 415mw im sure it will help my bad divergence... i will have 570.00 in whole setup brandnew... yours is the king tho....

Last edited:
thats intense.

it is like a wild west shot out with the balloon lol.

1, 2, 3, DRAW. pop. lol.

Benm

Wow... 650 mW plus the expander optics make for great burning at a distance :)

I wonder how small you will be able to get the spot at 10 miles though - even with a 10x expander its gonna be several feet in diameter... then again, at this power level that will probably still be an impressively bright green circle ;)

Wow... 650 mW plus the expander optics make for great burning at a distance :)

I wonder how small you will be able to get the spot at 10 miles though - even with a 10x expander its gonna be several feet in diameter... then again, at this power level that will probably still be an impressively bright green circle ;)

I've calculated that at 10 miles with 0.08mRad divergence, the beam will be ~1.3 meters across (about 4 feet). So the beam won't be that big, and it will definitely still be bright.:D

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Nice video mate. I'll be doing a lot of burning myself once my glasses get here!

Burning at long distance is fun... but find yourself a nice open expanse of land... and fire away!
It's incredible how sharp and defined the beam stays with 10X expansion.

Trevor

Very nice... do want!

I've got to get myself a beam expander.

-Trevor