Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser at a Dry Ice Plant [Pics]

HIMNL9

And yes, you are correct, we breathe it OUT but we arent supposed to breathe it IN, lol.

Sorry, just a precisation.

You ARE supposed to breath it IN, if you want to continue to breath and survive :D

It's a thing that is not known from all, but the involuntary reflex that make us breath without a conscious effort, is based on CO2 concentration in the air that we inspire ..... this CO2 part is that what "trigger" continuously the involuntary breathing function (and not, as you can imagine, the less concentration of oxygen in our blood), and in absence of it, you just stop to breath without notice it, and risk to die (is already happened, in an ambient filled of pure oxygen, peoples stopped to breath without notice it and risked to die by anoxy, just cause there was no CO2 in the air at all :p)

Sometimes our organism works in funny ways, huh ? :wtf:

lol, nice place to try out lasers

I just noticed your warehouse has a complete lack of overhead fire suppression sprayers...I wonder why ;)

D

Deleted member 8382

You ARE supposed to breath it IN, if you want to continue to breath and survive :D

It's a thing that is not known from all, but the involuntary reflex that make us breath without a conscious effort, is based on CO2 concentration in the air that we inspire ..... this CO2 part is that what "trigger" continuously the involuntary breathing function (and not, as you can imagine, the less concentration of oxygen in our blood), and in absence of it, you just stop to breath without notice it, and risk to die (is already happened, in an ambient filled of pure oxygen, peoples stopped to breath without notice it and risked to die by anoxy, just cause there was no CO2 in the air at all :p)

Well but I supose there's no chance you die since a soon or late you note that you need more oxygen, just like when you go underwater, right?

You breathe oxygen and other stuff with air, such as co2 and nitrogen. Our organism gets only the O2 and leaves out all the other unwanted substances. But now, if you're there with a cloud of CO2 then you're gonna inhale pure co2 and the mass of co2 will move the o2 gas away, meaning you'll breathe something you can't use. That's why it's dangerous to breathe, not because it'll kill you (although yeah high concentrations of anything is bad....except for lasers....and money :D) but because it won't let you breathe the so precious O2 :)

scion

WOW!!! Every day man every day, something new!! haha!

I think im learning more than i need to know, either that its more than my brain can handle haha!!!

Good info there!! I guess its safe to say tho, dont breathe in TOO much co2, cuz then that means theres not enough oxygen lol.

scion

Sounds like something i would have done :whistle: You should have brought a red and br too, ill bet those would look cool!

Why dont you mail me yours! =D

I only have a Green currently, waiting on the BluRay to be built.

scion

There is a capitol carbonics not too far from where I live. My friend told me they have dry ice there and I think they sell it pretty cheap too :). Your work looks like the set of a horror movie

haha!! I guess it kinda has that look to it in the pics, especially if you've never seen something like this lol. But its actually not bad at all in person lol.

But yea, they should have it, give em a call, usually you get it for like $1 a pound or roughly somewhere around that.

I know i can get it for FREE! lol...

HIMNL9

Well but I supose there's no chance you die since a soon or late you note that you need more oxygen, just like when you go underwater, right?

Uh, it's not so easy, sorry ..... keeping voluntarily your breath, stopping suddenly to breath, still left in your lungs enough CO2, and the exchange of it from the blood increase it, giving you that sensation of suffocation and the need to breath (it's the increase of CO2 that cause this, not the decreasing of oxygen) ..... instead, if you are in an ambient that is filled with pure oxygen, all the times you breath, you fill your lungs with pure oxygen, and this, slowly, saturate the CO2 receptors, cause the amount of CO2 that you eliminate from the blood, is not sufficent to keep the breathing reflex triggered at full range ..... you don't stop to breath suddenly, and this is the part that is dangerous.

I mean, your breath rhythm, slowly, becomes low and low again, this also reduce the amount of CO2 that is eliminated from the blood ..... the cycle feeds itself (less CO2 in the lungs, that breath less, that lower the exchange, that cause less CO2, and so on), til the concentration of CO2 go under the limit that trigger it, and at this point, without that you notice it, your body just "forget" to breath again ..... if you're working and are not concentrated on your own breath (that, after all, is the normal condition ..... how much times you notice that you are breathing, in the day ? :D), is easy that you don't notice it, before the concentration of CO2 in your blood go over the limit and made you faint (loose consciousness, this is how CO2 poisonong usually works), and, cause the automatic reflex is still not working, you can die for anoxy and suffocation, in a room filled of oxygen, without notice it.

You breathe oxygen and other stuff with air, such as co2 and nitrogen. Our organism gets only the O2 and leaves out all the other unwanted substances. But now, if you're there with a cloud of CO2 then you're gonna inhale pure co2 and the mass of co2 will move the o2 gas away, meaning you'll breathe something you can't use. That's why it's dangerous to breathe, not because it'll kill you (although yeah high concentrations of anything is bad....except for lasers....and money :D) but because it won't let you breathe the so precious O2 :)

LOL, ofcourse yes, you're right (apart the fact that oxygen is O, and not O2, sorry ;)) ..... but, i never said that you can breath CO2 and survive ..... my guilty, i had to state it better :beer:

That really looks like a fun environment to work in! Though, the pictures still don't explain how dry ice is actually made, its pretty fascinating to think about what you might use to freeze CO2 gas...

Bad divergence ?

Naah, I think the laser's fine...it's just all the chemicals the NWO is spraying in chemtrails everywhere that make the beam diverge more. Not only is the NWO trying to depopulate the planet with their chemtrail spraying, they're also making laser beams diverge more to make everyone sad.

:crackup:

HIMNL9

Would you like some Ozone :D?

O3 ? ..... only few parts for million, thanks ..... in high concentrations, is one of the more dangerous poisons existing (yes, it's true :p)

Not only is the NWO trying to depopulate the planet with their chemtrail spraying, they're also making laser beams diverge more to make everyone sad.

ROTFL :crackup: