Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my first gas laser its sweeeet

Hey guys noticed a forum brother lived pretty close 16 miles away Coldstl
anyways long story short he need a few laser items I helped him out and he practically gave me a cherry hene its so cool ... i feel the need to buy more gas lasers now MUH HA HA HA HA
oh $hit here comes the wife later guys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 100_0591.jpg
    100_0591.jpg
    824.1 KB · Views: 2,600

daguin

Welcome to the gassy side ;)

Is that one of the HeNe's out of the particle counters?

I guess we'd better start looking for components for an argon for you now, eh?

Peace,
dave

yea dave its the one you hooked up coldstl on I like it very much
oh crap here comes my wife again lol ;)

I see you've been pulled in as well. My induction ceremony will probably be some time in the next two weeks... (although I guess I'm already a member since I have a HeNe, but they don't really count :p )

Have fun :cool:

get out while you still can!!!! It never ends!!!!

Pretty soon you'll be having to explain to people why a 4 ft long 50mW laser is cooler than a tiny 250mW 473.... And you'll be asked "well if you can't point it around... What do you really DO with it?"

BEWARE!!!!

My first Gas Laser arrived today. I got it off of Ebay-"Possibly Used". It looks like it's brand spankin' new. Manufactured in December,08. It works perfectly too.

Had some friends over for a bbq and they just laughed at me saying "That's stupid. You have to plug it in."

I think it's great.

Attachments

• aa5_3.jpg
    aa5_3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 514
John Lawson said:
Hey guys noticed a forum brother lived pretty close 16 miles away Coldstl
anyways long story short  he need a few laser items I helped him out and he practically gave me a [highlight]cherry hene  [/highlight]its so cool ... i feel the need to buy more gas lasers now MUH HA HA HA HA
oh $hit here comes the wife later guys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I popped his cherry.  ;D ;D
I'm glad you like it John! Thanks for helping me out too.
Sorry, in advance, for all the money you're going to end up spending on the "gas" aspect of this hobby.

Asherz

I love gas lasers, i dont understand why people can't understand the awsomness of them.. I've always wanted one. lordoflasers I was wandering if you could tell me (gas laser noob) what powersupply you plug it into? and what the total cost would be of the cheaper end of a gas laser is :)

Cheers guys and have fun with them :)

Asherz said:
I love gas lasers, i dont understand why people can't understand the awsomness of them.. I've always wanted one. lordoflasers I was wandering if you could tell me (gas laser noob) what powersupply you plug it into? and what the total cost would be of the cheaper end of a gas laser is :)

Cheers guys and have fun with them :)
That depend on the laser and supply you have.. It could be a 220/110VAC input or it could
be a 12VDC input...  :-?
Not even sure if you have a PS.. Laser tubes require thousands of volts DC to trigger and
sustain lasing...
No Pics... No Clue.... :-/

Jerry

I've found a gas laser on ebay, an argon 250mW and I might buy it. All I would have to do is repair the two shorted out transitors. Gas lasers; sounds cool.

Some of them take 5V @ 1.5A. The one I have takes 12V @ 2A, but all I could find for it is a 12V @ 1000mA(1A)

Use two of them in parallel, rig up a :)-ton of D batteries in series, a car battery, a portable jump starter, or use an ATX PS.

GooeyGus said:
get out while you still can!!!! It never ends!!!!

Pretty soon you'll be having to explain to people why a 4 ft long 50mW laser is cooler than a tiny 250mW 473.... And you'll be asked "well if you can't point it around... What do you really DO with it?"

BEWARE!!!!

I've already been asked that and my argon has only been operating for a single day :p

too late i can see another year of fighting with the wife over glass tubes magically appearing from ups :-[