Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got my blu-ray back from GooeyGus!

This is the one in the dilda body which I bought from lasermitch on eBay. When I first received it everything seemed fine. According to Mitch's description it was running at 150mW after lens, but I'm a total n00b and had no way to confirm this. I say had, because after about 15 minutes of total use, in sessions no more than two minutes long, it was burnt. I hate to bash on Mitch too much, but he basically scammed me, and GooeyGus volunteered to fix it for me, pro bono.

The guts were epoxied in, and GooeyGus had a lot of trouble getting everything out, but he got it, and in the end the body suffered only a few scratches, a testament to its sturdiness. He replaced the diode with an 803T of his own, and after examining the old one he's almost positive that's what was in it before. So much for the secret uber diode from Sharp.

GooeyGus tells me that it's now running at 115mW. If it actually was running at 150mW before, that seems about right. It's still plenty bright, but not quite like it was before while it lasted.

So now I've got an awesome laser, courtesy of GooeyGus. He wouldn't even take any money for all his trouble. Oh yeah, while he had it, the switch in the end cap went bad and he even replaced that for free even though he had to buy another one out of his own pocket.

I can't thank GooeyGus enough for all this. While this isn't a very good review, I wante dto give him all the props I can. I'll try and post some pics later.

Yea i noticed that there are quite a few of those kind around here always doing you right  ;D

daguin

Yeah . . . GooeyGus is an OK kinda guy. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

On a scale from 1-10 I would put him at about an 11 :cool:

Peace,
dave

Here's a pic of some uranium glass I shot with it.

august.jpg

Yeah dude, GooeyGus is one of the nicest guys I know. He went to hell and back making sure everything got to my place on time and he's just been such a help. My diode burnt out from the dilda ray from him and he's replacing it as well. He doesn't sell much on the BST, but if he ever does, jump on it, because you're getting some quality work. Once I have my dilda ray in my hands again, I'm going to do a full review.

Aw... you guys are making me blush :-[

I'm glad ya like it! A lot of those thanks should also go to bionic badger for helping me out with the broken switch! :D :D

vcw

Great service GooeyGus! :)
Where did you get that Prometheus picture for your signature?