Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Google Glass Fund Raising

I also got the invite, but it isn't going to happen, heh. Besides, it isn't worth it for that much money to me even if I had it, it is far too limited in capabilities.

Btw, they request you fly out to their store in cali or NY to pick it up last I checked; they won't ship it to you. So, tack on air-faire and boarding/meals with the expense.

Maybe Google Glass is just a big experiment to see how far people are willing to go in forking over money, time, and even setting up donation sites, to own some accessory that invades their privacy. Google can even terminate access to its use at any time.

The technology is cool and capable, but $1,500? Ouch. Sorry, not a cause I'm willing to support.

I just need to raise money, and discussing why others don't like it isn't necessarily helping me.

Not to sound rude, but that really does sound rude. To be fair, you did post this in a forum, where people discuss things. I understand you're trying to raise money but that quote sounds to me like you don't want us to talk about it... You just want our money.

I might be completely wrong, and I'm sorry if I am, but that's just how it came across to me.

I truly apologize for sounding rude, that is not my what I meant by that at all, and I'm sorry it was taken that way.

What I meant was that discussing it is fine, I'm all for it. I just felt as though people telling me why THEY wouldn't buy it was not necessarily going to help my case. I was expecting discussions more along the lines of its potential uses, it's place in society, why people refer to Google Glass explorers as "glassholes". Things along those lines...but I felt like I was being told that I was making a stupid choice or that the negative comments about Google Glass will cause others to not even bother reading my campaign.

I am incredibly sorry that I sounded like an ass. I promise that I'm not just on here for your guys' money.

Thank you,
Matt

I truly apologize for sounding rude, that is not my what I meant by that at all, and I'm sorry it was taken that way.

What I meant was that discussing it is fine, I'm all for it. I just felt as though people telling me why THEY wouldn't buy it was not necessarily going to help my case. I was expecting discussions more along the lines of its potential uses, it's place in society, why people refer to Google Glass explorers as "glassholes". Things along those lines...but I felt like I was being told that I was making a stupid choice or that the negative comments about Google Glass will cause others to not even bother reading my campaign.

I am incredibly sorry that I sounded like an ass. I promise that I'm not just on here for your guys' money.

Thank you,
Matt

It's all good :D

I figured you weren't trying to be rude, and I understand your explanation. Thanks for clearing it up :yh:

So I'm 30% funded! If 500 people donate $3, I'll have met my goal and I'll be a happy camper!
Please help give this tech hungry engineer the opportunity of a life time! All I ask for is $3, that's all. ^_^ (And for everyone to spread the word) :p
Thanks!

http://igg.me/at/ggfund/x/6349973

I only have 9 days left!
If 260 of you fine laser enthusiasts donated $5, I'll also have met my goal! :)
Like I said, if you don't want to donate, at least spread the word, please.

Thanks again!

I'm sure most, if not all of you, are tired of me asking you all for money. Believe me, I hate bothering you all. However, I'm 70% to my goal amount and I need just $527 to be able to purchase Google Glass. All I need is 105 people to donate $5, and I'll have met my goal. I understand that not everyone on here supports Google Glass as a product in general, but I would appreciate you guys supporting an aspiring engineer.
I'm making this push because I only have 27 more hours to raise the last bit of money that I need.
I promise you, your donation will be put to great use.

Please donate whatever you feel fit, whether its $1 of $100.
Help Me Become a Google Glass Explorer! | Indiegogo
If you could also spread the word, I would be truly grateful.

Thank you and have a great night,
Matt

$1,500 and it can't even use the 3g/4g/whatever connection through your phone?