Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good offer on Artic Alumina Thermal Adhesive

LaZeRz

Hello, im posting this for anyone out there who needs some Good thermal adhesive since it is pretty much used in ALL laser builds,

ARCTIC ALUMINA THERMAL ADHESIVE TWO-PART ADHESIVE - eBay (item 120701070344 end time Apr-19-11 12:11:33 PDT)

$ 8.99 + Free shipping

(I am not associated with Artic or the seller of the thermal adhesive, i am posting this as help to fellow LPF members and not to sell a product for someone)

also if you know of cheaper artic alumina or another good thermal paste/adhesive feel free to share it!

Alumina is my favorite out of all there adhesive products.:)

Thats a good Price. I useally pay 10$ for it shipped.

LaZeRz

Glad i can help :D lol i just found it after scouring ebay and thought i should post it up, lol did you hear about the goy who ordered 1 or 2 alumina tubes from amazon and got 30! lol he sold them for like a 7 dollar profit each...... 7*30 = $210........................ i wish i could have that money to spare on lasers :D

My favourite is Arctic Silver adhesive...
I use it all the time....
We also use Artic Alumina sometimes...

That is a good price for small quantities....
thanks for sharing....

Jerry

LaZeRz

whats the difference between the two? they are both adhesives right? one has better heat transfer rates maybe? i dunno :D

Btw congratz on your LPM's when i get a job i will most likely buy one :D when i get a job...................................................... (yeh you can tell by the dots that its gonna be a while :D )

Thanks for the contratz...
The Arctic Silver has Silver in it and I feel it is a bit
more thermally conductive... for the same thickness..

I can see that there are larger particles in the Alumina adhesive
that may keep it from being applied as thinly as the Arctic Silver
that has much finer particles.... The closer you can get the main
heat transferring parts the better... IMO

I've done no tests... its just a visual observation...

Jerry

rhd

Is Moh still selling arctic silver? I couldn't find the thread.

I'm not sure you might have to PM him for it. I bought some from him awhile ago. I have both the alumina and silver, I was so mad I accidentally squeezed out a lot of the arctic silver because I thought it hardened in the tube and it was a mess of wasted thermal adhesive :mad:. I think think the silver has a higher thermal conductivity than aluminum which makes it better for heat transfer however there is a bit of capacitance due to its higher electrical conductivity so you have to be careful to avoid touching it to other electrical components or it could cause problems.

LaZeRz

Well, if you spread it good enough and place it where it doesn't touch other electrical components you should be fine.

Artic silver is NOT conductive but dose have some capacitance which should not be a problem with our aplication.