Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Going back to lasers.

It's been almost 5 months since I've picked up a laser, mostly because I have 4 hobbies and it's hard having the money for all 4. I love Drones, Flashlights, Cars and Lasers, I sorta switch between one after a couple of months, and I have been flying drones for quite a while now and I miss my lasers so I think I'm going to finally get another one by either building or buying. Does anyone else do this same thing as I do or am I the only one? And if so what else are your hobbies? Thanks members.

First Happy Holidays to all.

I'm into Electronics, Harleys, RC Toys, and women. Not necessarily
in that order.

I've built about 11 Multi Rotor craft and bought about as many
(mostly smaller ones). I like building my own larger ones.
For Xmas I spoiled myself with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and a
set of FatShark Dominator HD V3 FPV Goggles to do some local
agricultural fields surveys.
The biggest problem is finding time to do it all...

Jerry

Last edited:
I do a bit. My hobbies aren't so much cyclical, but I pick them up, am fanatic about them for a year or so and then they go on the back burner. The beauty of it is I never forget them and the interest never fully wanes, and the knowledge gained goes towards making me a more well rounded person.

I have a passive interest in railways, cars, computers, and I am still somewhat "fanatic" about lasers and electric lighting. I still get giddy when I see a rare type of electric lighting in use on our roads or when I hear someone talk about lasers.

Hi Welcome back i have a great hobby machining heat sinks and focus adapters for laser builds and also building lasers . Also spend a lot of time lifting if you call that a hobby and black powder firearms.. of historical value..

Rich:)

Razako

Welcome back to the laser hobby. Not too many new developments since you left, but things might have gotten a bit cheaper. My hobbies are mostly related to gaming, cars, audio, general tech stuff, guns, and lasers.

I have several hobbies I seem to rotate through. Mountain biking, RC planes, lasers, photography, airgun building, tesla coils and electronics, drones, music, and piano. I rotate because I can't afford them all at once.

Last edited:
First Happy Holidays to all.

I'm into Electronics, Harleys, RC Toys, and women. Not necessarily
in that order.

I've built about 11 Multi Rotor craft and bought about as many
(mostly smaller ones). I like building my own larger ones.
For Xmas I spoiled myself with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and a
set of FatShark Dominator HD V3 FPV Goggles to do some local
agricultural fields surveys.
The biggest problem is finding time to do it all...

Jerry
Oh man I've always wanted a phantom! It's pretty funny but according to the FAA you're actually considered a pilot when you fly an advanced drone like those types :D so awesome man

I do a bit. My hobbies aren't so much cyclical, but I pick them up, am fanatic about them for a year or so and then they go on the back burner. The beauty of it is I never forget them and the interest never fully wanes, and the knowledge gained goes towards making me a more well rounded person.

I have a passive interest in railways, cars, computers, and I am still somewhat "fanatic" about lasers and electric lighting. I still get giddy when I see a rare type of electric lighting in use on our roads or when I hear someone talk about lasers.
Yeah man that's how I feel sometimes.

Hi Welcome back i have a great hobby machining heat sinks and focus adapters for laser builds and also building lasers . Also spend a lot of time lifting if you call that a hobby and black powder firearms.. of historical value..

Rich:)
That's something I'm a little jealous about when people can machine their own Hsinks and hosts. I would say lifting could def be a hobby

Welcome back to the laser hobby. Not too many new developments since you left, but things might have gotten a bit cheaper. My hobbies are mostly related to gaming, cars, audio, general tech stuff, guns, and lasers.
Thanks Raz, and those are some great hobbies, kinda sucks because I call myself a gun lover but I've yet to ever purchase one, I guess lasers are more important lol. I want a 1911 so bad but a good one is like 1300 bucks

I have several hobbies I seem to rotate through. Mountain biking, RC planes, lasers, photography, airgun building, tesla coils and electronics, drones, music, and piano. I rotate because I can't afford them all at once.

Holy hell that's a lot of hobbies lol. Least you'll never be bored man

Oh man I've always wanted a phantom! It's pretty funny but according to the FAA you're actually considered a pilot when you fly an advanced drone like those types :D so awesome man

I actually never wanted the original Phantoms (1,2,3) and preferred to
build my own GPS quads for 1/2 the price.
But when I saw all the safety features and Anti-collision sensors and
the touch screen full featured app including the 60FPS 4K mechanical
shutter 1" sensor 3-axis gimballed camera I couldn't say no.

Luckily I'm in Canada and don't need to deal with the FAA. I'm a MAAC
member and am insured to fly RC craft.
What do you fly ??

Jerry