Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glow Crazy

It looks like it is, but it could also be a focused UV LED, which at the right powers could be just as bad. I've considered ordering one just to see what's going on with it.

rhd

I'd very much like to know where to get inexpensive glow sheets / paper as large as seen in that video.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice at 45 seconds, the girl completely crosses the other's eyes (both of them) with the pen?

Eeep! Someone doesn't need that toy!

DrSid

On some shots beam is clearly visible, also the dot seems to light it's surrounding a lot more then my red 5mW. But I don't have any 405nm to compare, much less 5mW 405nm.

rhd

On some shots beam is clearly visible, also the dot seems to light it's surrounding a lot more then my red 5mW. But I don't have any 405nm to compare, much less 5mW 405nm.

Most common photo-luminescent substances are not very responsive to RED light.

I'd very much like to know where to get inexpensive glow sheets / paper as large as seen in that video.

IMHO this is the best stuff. It holds it's charge longer than anything I have tried.
Genesis Light Line LLC | gloRope.com | High-Glow Safety Sheeting

I have a 1ft x 1ft sheet of it in a picture frame and it's really great. I have a couple more sheets of it that I plan on putting in a 24in x 36in frame. Yobresal used the same stuff in his glow board, I know he posted a video of it somewhere I just can't find it at the moment

rhd

I know, what I'm saying is that it looks stronger than 5mW.

Oh I follow. Yep, you're right for sure.

It certainly couldn't be over 15mW, or they'd be opening up a world of problems.

IMHO this is the best stuff. It holds it's charge longer than anything I have tried.
Genesis Light Line LLC | gloRope.com | High-Glow Safety Sheeting

I have a 1ft x 1ft sheet of it in a picture frame and it's really great. I have a couple more sheets of it that I plan on putting in a 24in x 36in frame. Yobresal used the same stuff in his glow board, I know he posted a video of it somewhere I just can't find it at the moment

Assuming the 50 meter roll is 12" wide... since the largest sheet
he seems to sell is 12" X 12"...
I find that $1900.00 is a bit overpriced for 50 meters...
50 Meters (164 feet) X $3.99 = $654.36.....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
Assuming the 50 meter roll is 12" wide... since the largest sheet
he seems to sell is 12" X 12"...
I find that $1900.00 is a bit overpriced for 50 meters...
50 Meters (164 feet) X $3.99 = $654.36.....:thinking:

Jerry

Lol before I made my purchase from them I also did the same math which is why I didn't purchase that much. The 6" x 6" is actually the cheapest option. A 12" x 12" sheet is $3.99 but 2 sheets of 6" x 6" is only $1.98 so in the end the most economic solution is to by a shit load of the 6" x 6" considering it's half the price of the next best option. You would think that they'd give you some kind of deal for buying a whole 50 meter roll but instead they charge you nearly 3x the price. These people apparently don't understand economies of scale.

Last edited:
Going to walmart today ill see if they have this and report what I find..looks like laser to me !

It's definitely a laser. There was another thread about this exact thing about a month ago. We came to the conclusion that the laser is without a doubt over 5mW considering the fact that you would barely be able to see a true 5mW 405 even in a pitch black room. If you have a LPM I would like to see what the power of the laser is because if it's over 5mW I am going to purchase one, "accidentally" blind some one with it and then sue the shit out of the manufacturer for selling non FDA approved lasers as a childrens toy. :: Smiles an evil smile and lets out a big MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH::

But seriously if someone purchased this thing and then they or there child suffered eye damage they would have a pretty air tight personal injury/negligence case. If these things are over 5mW (which I'm sure they are) they are essentially illegally marketing lasers to children....... hmmmmmmmm why does that sound so familiar

wickedlogo.gif

Oh yea thats right.

Last edited:
Ok so here at walmart they have this. On the box it says class 1laser product..I would get it but don't want the 25 bucks they want for it..

rhd

The 6" x 6" is actually the cheapest option. A 12" x 12" sheet is $3.99 but 2 sheets of 6" x 6" is only $1.98 so in the end the most economic solution is to by a shit load of the 6" x 6" considering it's half the price of the next best option.

6 x 6 x 2 sheets = 72 square inches (for $1.98)
12 x 12 = 144 square inches (for $3.99)

Isn't it half the price, for half the amount of material ?!?