Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

GGW-H20L 6x Sled GB!!! THE EPIC GB THREAD LAWL!!!

IgorT

Re: 12x Blu-ray SLEDS GB! 450mW!! Sanyo 12x!!

TheMonk said:
So is GBW-H10N and GGW-H20L using the same Lens? Yes or No? :-/

Any body ::)

Yeah, the GBW and the GGW use the same "lens" (sled), with some minor differences.

And that is preciselly the reason why the 405nm diode can not be the same.

There are two ways to increase the writing speed:
- Same sled, better diode = more power to the disk
- Same diode, better sled (better optics/optics arrangement - for a less lossy transmission) = more power to the disk

So because the sled is nearly identical, the diode can't be. The 6x sled uses a higher power diode, to get more power out, and burn at a faster speed.

IgorT said:
[quote author=TheMonk link=1223438970/920#928 date=1226897475]So is GBW-H10N and GGW-H20L using the same Lens? Yes or No? :-/

Any body ::)

Yeah, the GBW and the GGW use the same "lens" (sled), with some minor differences.

And that is preciselly the reason why the 405nm diode can not be the same.

There are two ways to increase the writing speed:
- Same sled, better diode = more power to the disk
- Same diode, better sled (better optics/optics arrangement - for a less lossy transmission) = more power to the disk

So because the sled is nearly identical, the diode can't be. The 6x sled uses a higher power diode, to get more power out, and burn at a faster speed.[/quote]

Is there a way to disdinguish the two sleds so we can get the 6x sled instead? :P

IgorT

TheMonk said:
Is there a way to disdinguish the two sleds so we can get the 6x sled instead? :P

Well, i looked very carefully at the pictures the supplier showed me, one of their stock, and the other from their customer, of an actual 6x.

There are small physical differences, one diode heatsink seems to be bigger, and some holes are slightly differently positioned..

But it's really hard to get the suppliers to do anything, due to them claiming it's the same thing! If you ask for a 6x, they offer you a 4x. This confusion will be hard to resolve with the language barriers and all.

jake21

IgorT can u post the pic of the real 6x sled ?

IgorT said:
[quote author=TheMonk link=1223438970/920#930 date=1226936300]Is there a way to disdinguish the two sleds so we can get the 6x sled instead? :P

Well, i looked very carefully at the pictures the supplier showed me, one of their stock, and the other from their customer, of an actual 6x.

There are small physical differences, one diode heatsink seems to be bigger, and some holes are slightly differently positioned..

But it's really hard to get the suppliers to do anything, due to them claiming it's the same thing! If you ask for a 6x, they offer you a 4x. This confusion will be hard to resolve with the language barriers and all.[/quote]
Do you have pics of both sleds to compare the difference? :P

IgorT

I have both pics on my desktop - the ones the supplier sent me. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual 6x sled pic was taken by one of our members here, and i even think i saw the same 6x sled pic at the beginning of this thread.

But i got both from the supplier in an email, where they claimed they are the same cos they look the same.

This is their stock 4x picture.

Attachments

• 4x_lens.jpg
    4x_lens.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 91

IgorT

This is the 6x picture a customer sent them, upon which they decided it's the same thing....

Again, i got both pictures from the supplier, when they were telling me why they claim it's the same. They ever named the pictures "4x Lens" and "6x Lens"..  ;D

EDIT: And here is what they said:
Laser lens photo in the annex, please check!
   Photo 4x lens and photo 6x lens. photo 4x lens is our 4x lens photo. photo 6x lens is our customer give we photo, said it is 6x lens. photo 4x lens and photo 6x lens is the same. Right?

After that they asked again if i buy many, yes?

Attachments

• 6x_lens.jpg
    6x_lens.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 70

Thanks Igor, now I have to figure out the difference. ::);D

Do you have the back as well? :P

IgorT

They are near identical twins, yes.. And that's why the diode can't be the same..

The 4x sled already has two separate optical paths. That means less optics for the beam to travel through, and it also means wavelength specific coatings - less reflective losses (single wavelength coatings are better at that wavelength than broadband. That's one of the reasons the PHR sled needs a 60mW diode to read - the beam goes through a joint optical path with 400-780nm coatings - increased transmisive and reflective losses).

So it's already optimised to the max, when it comes to optics.. The only way to make it write faster, is to plug a better diode in.

So because the sleds are the same, the 405nm diode can't be.

And no, i don't have a pic of the back i'm afraid. This is all they sent me. But i'm sure someone else here may have more 6x and 4x sled pictures. I have not yet seen either sled in person, i always get just the diodes...

I think this is an old picture of a 6x sled partially harvested but the diodes are still installed. Blue on the left, red/IR on the right.

Mike

Attachments

• BigSled1_001.jpg
    BigSled1_001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 96

Hemlock Mike said:
I think this is an old picture of a 6x sled partially harvested but the diodes are still installed.  [highlight]Blue[/highlight] on the left, red/IR on the right.

Mike
BLUE!?!?!?

You mean BLU!?!?!? >:(

:P

THE SLED CAME IN TODAY!!!

Igor PM me your specs (address, payment, paypal, CPU speed, RAM, HDD capacity, social security, Date of birth, serial number, barcode number, etc.) ;D ;D

regards,

amk

It's already obvious that they are not 12x diodes...

IgorT said:
This is the 6x picture a customer sent them, upon which they decided it's the same thing....

Again, i got both pictures from the supplier, when they were telling me why they claim it's the same. They ever named the pictures "4x Lens" and "6x Lens"..  ;D

Photo 4x lens and photo 6x lens. photo 4x lens is our 4x lens photo. photo 6x lens is our customer give we photo, said it is 6x lens. photo 4x lens and photo 6x lens is the same. Right?

6x_lens.jpg

Hey.... That's my hand  ;D ;D ;D

Should I tell the supplier that I want some cash if they want to use my picture? :P

GooeyGus said:
[quote author=IgorT link=1223438970/920#935 date=1226956059]This is the 6x picture a customer sent them, upon which they decided it's the same thing....

6x_lens.jpg

Hey.... That's my hand  ;D ;D ;D

Should I tell the supplier that I want some cash if they want to use my picture?  :P[/quote]

Did you take pictures of the back? :P