Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G'day...

0xFFFF

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to lasers and optics. I've got a few projects I'd like to get started on possibly sometime this year.

I'm a fully qualified nerd. I spend time making various electronic projects using all sorts of microcontrollers. When I'm not doing that, I'm writing code.

I'm looking forward to sharing some ideas and getting involved in the community.

Regards,

-0xFFFF

LaZeRz

Welcome to LPF!! :D nice to see some more aussies (like me) joining the forum, trust me lasers and this forum are addicting, if you need any help just ask me :) if you want check out the link in my sig for a little tutorial to get you familiar with building lasers

Last edited:
Welcome.

Whats with the flood of Aussies lately? Is there a new Aus laser website or something?

LaZeRz

It seems the aussie laser bans has spiked our intrest in lasers, lol

I dont think theres a new aus laser website though....

Last edited:
Laser bans are why most of us are here, LOL. It just seems in the last 2 months more Aussies have joined than in the past year.

Laser bans are why most of us are here, LOL. It just seems in the last 2 months more Aussies have joined than in the past year.

Nothing wrong with that.... maybe we will become the center hub for underground laser parts.... haha

@0xFFFF Welcome to LPF, I'm sure you will fit in well here. Where in VIC you from?

Have a good one!

Last edited:
When I discovered how many members were from Texas I started a social group 'LoneStarLaserFans' here at LPF. Every time I saw a new joiner from Tx I invited them to join and in no time we had quite a few members. Maybe one of you should do the same. 'Downunder Laser Fanatics' or something like that. You can post there , add photos to share with your group and network. This comes in very handy should you want to hold a Meet. Those members of LSLF who have added a subscription to the group get a notice whenever anyone posts there or a new one signs up. We have some former Texans that wanted to join as well as a few from states nearby.

There are also many other groups like Gas Lasers- Experimenters- etc.

So...WELCOME TO LPF. NICE TO HAVE YOU HERE!!!!!

>(*u*)< HAKZAW1

Welcome :D

Enjoy your stay, this is a very fun hobby for anyone who likes to tinker with things...

When I discovered how many members were from Texas I started a social group 'LoneStarLaserFans' here at LPF. Every time I saw a new joiner from Tx I invited them to join and in no time we had quite a few members. Maybe one of you should do the same. 'Downunder Laser Fanatics' or something like that. You can post there , add photos to share with your group and network. This comes in very handy should you want to hold a Meet. Those members of LSLF who have added a subscription to the group get a notice whenever anyone posts there or a new one signs up. We have some former Texans that wanted to join as well as a few from states nearby.

There are also many other groups like Gas Lasers- Experimenters- etc.

So...WELCOME TO LPF. NICE TO HAVE YOU HERE!!!!!

>(*u*)< HAKZAW1

http://laserpointerforums.com/groups/australian-laserists/ :whistle:

It's an Aussie invation :eg: OMG :eek: :D
Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be Safe ;)

0xFFFF

LOL! Well it looks like I'm going to have a lot of fun here :)
Thanks for the warm welcome. :thanks:
I live along the Peninsula south-east of Melbourne.

Aussie Invasion plan:
Phase 1 – Create LPF Account – complete.
Phase 2 – World domination…

Lasers I currently have:
2x 1W 808nm - As materials (colimating lens, power supplies and diodes)
1x ~20-100mW ~532nm (as a laser pointer module)
1x 10mW ~650nm (currently have mounted on a PCB with x/y motor/mirror assy)
Lots of those stupid little red keychain lasers

anselm

Aussie Invasion plan:
Phase 1 – Create LPF Account – complete.
Phase 2 – World domination…
phase 3 ?????
phase 4 PROFIT
Fixed that for you.:na:

Since you're a noob to this forum, in order to save you some searching for the
most basic info (and more), try out the INDEX link in my signature.;)

Last edited:

LaZeRz

You didnt mention safety goggles :p :na: if you want a link to some just ask anyone here :) Have fun and don't point your lasers at any flashing thing in the sky :p of course you already know that :)

0xFFFF

Thanks for the link anselm, I've bookmarked it.
@LaZeRz - I have a pair of 190-450&800-2000nm glasses They have OD4+ (Dunno what that means?).

At the specific wavelength of the glasses:

OD 2 @ 1000mW reduces to 10mw
OD 3 @ 1000mW reduces to 1mW
OD 4 @ 1000mW reduces to 0.1mW
OD 5 @ 1000mW reduces to 0.01mW
and so on....

Last edited: