Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB/Holiday forum members only offer..

100mW 532nm Handheld Green Laser Pointer Pen (1 x 18650 included)

for starters here is this paragraph from the site---

Quick Overview
You are now viewing the 100mW 532nm Handheld Green Laser Pointer. This green laser pointer is made of high quality aluminum material, durable enough for long time daily using, waterproof and shatter resistant. As the low powered green laser pointer, this 100mw laser pointer is produced at a frequency of 532nm, and widely used in astronomy, classrooms, lecture halls, exploring, and outdoor travel. This laser pointer has become the best option for stargazing, presentation pointers, pet toys and other creative purposes. Its delicate feature and sturdy construction have fascinated millions of people who have a preference for them. What about you? Get yours before they are gone! end quote-

....actually is not too badly written as these kinds of discriptions go.
that was copypasta from the site--I dont think they will all be gone any time soon...

I got this laser in the mail two days ago.
came with unknown (before now to me) brand of 18650 batt, had a charge already of 3.86 vdc-
Very common and well liked host- fairly solid- the 18650 is a fav. battery so it has that going for it. threads fair on the tailcap- module well mounted- not off center. does not look to have IR filter- tests on that in the morning- Initial metering show stable at ~60mW- so its really a 50 mW slighlty overspec-(maybe) unfiltered 532. Nice thin beam & good divergence.

First impressions--
- Not so good at $55 or even $33 but okay at 28$ as long as it ships free.
pics- beamshots- and a Radiant X LPM graph asap.
Then I will let it run to see which dies first.
On video.
IF the batt goes down first and I am there I will replace at once and continue til I kill the laser. its 51F in my 'lab' so my money for round one is on the DPSS module-
My first 'Tested to death' laser..

In lieu of flowers we ask you to donate to PETA-- "people eating tasty animals"

I may not test its waterproof claims... leave that to another... hak

Last edited:

My 200mW 4-in-1 came today. It appears to be well built and everything feels quite solid. I however cannot accept protected cells as they cause the button to sort of stick and act oddly. On my meter it rates at 70mW average with a peak at 77mW. I am satisfied with its performance. It however doesn't even perform to half spec but the price is so low that I am still quite happy. One note however is it came with only one standard star diffraction grating instead of 4 as shown.

Overall, the sale price makes it quite satisfactory but if it were normal price... not so much.

I also received a 2-in-1 instead of a 4-in-1 laser, as did a few other people, I believe.

The 4-in-1 comes in a box like in the pics in Wheedy's review, which says "Laser Dance".

The 2-in-1 does not have the adjustable difraction grating head and it comes in a yellow box which has "Laser Pointer" printed on it.

When I received the 2-in-1 I PM'ed Kaidy telling her I received the wrong laser. She asked for pictures so she can prove the wrong laser was shipped. After sending her the pics she confirmed I received the wrong laser and told me a replacement would be sent out for free.

I was planning on doing a review of both lasers after I actually received the 4-in-1 laser and it does look like the replacement shipped on the 15th. Although, after seeing several other people receiving this different laser, I am afraid my replacement will be another 2-in-1. :undecided: I hope I do get the 4-in-1 as it looks like it has a very unique difration head design that I was looking forward to.

My guess is the supplier (or Dino Direct) was out of stock of the 4-in-1's and decided to ship these instead....even though these would be a down-grade. That is a questionable practice especially without notifying the customer. Which I guess in this case Lasersman would be the customer and it would be up to them to relay this information to us.

In contrast to all that, I've found Kaidy to be wonderful at her job. She has always responded quickly and helped solve my problem or answered my questions. I can tell she wants her customers to be happy and that can be very important to me when I decide who to make a purchase from. As it stands today, even if I don't get the correct laser again this time, I can say I would buy another laser from LasersMan because of Kaidy.

Last edited:
Hmm. I will have to let her know then. I was thinking it was normal. I was sort of looking forward to the array of diffraction gratings.

I ordered 6 or the 4-in-1 and I had one dud and kaidy got me approved for a replacement. The bad news is the replacement i received today is not the same laser. It is only a 2 in 1 and it is weaker than all of the other ones.

The laser on the right is the 4-in-1

IMG_20130201_115623_zps53e5425a.jpg

IMG_20130201_115811_zps55a98af3.jpg

IMG_20130201_120259_zpsdd58859e.jpg

Last edited:
Ha see that's the exact one I got. Their supplier is being lame and seding out a different laser than stated and not telling anyone. Not a favorable business practice if you ask me. Though Kaidy is not responsible in any way so I cannot be mad with her.

Ha see that's the exact one I got. Their supplier is being lame and seding out a different laser than stated and not telling anyone. Not a favorable business practice if you ask me. Though Kaidy is not responsible in any way so I cannot be mad with her.

You are most likely correct-

I got the feeling from Cherrylee that they are in the middle between the bosses- the buyers and those that actually ship- and also that I dont think these outfits let the ladies do much 'hands-on' stuff- especially when it comes to the PJs like the REKE 500-IIRC CLee said she owned only one red act toy laser--weird huh?

Kaidy is a hoot- she wants so bad to learn as much about lasers as she can and as quickly as posssible- we have had a few 'classes on-line_ at Facebook chat- & she is a fast learner- I was not able to get her on any of my trick questions either. She got an 'A' on all the quizzes.

Also she told me that she was not 'allowed' to check out any PJs or test them for us. Sexist thinking is all i could make of it. All these ladies have been great and any let-downs were never from any fault of theirs.

AFAIK LM/YL and Laserfans dont have much in the way of a tech team. I doubt they 'fix' any of the returns- they just go back to the maker for credit.

just lots of boxes on shelves--widgets.
hundreds of orders daily and the forums only make up a very small percent- we are lucky to get this much attention form Kaidy and Jessica. To me if these ladies were not around I prolly would have very little to do with the companies.

hak

I received my replacement laser yesterday and it is the SAME WRONG LASER as the first one only in a DIFFERENT BOX :undecided:

Here is a pic of my original laser:
0105130915_zps05eea0c2.jpg

0105130916_zps4af249b7.jpg

(notice how the end cap isn't screwed all the way on...thats because it wont...)

The replacement laser is the same as mhemling33's replacement for his broken one.....white box w/ "Green Laser Pointer" on it with the same laser as above. .....Still not the right laser :undecided: and mhemling33 stated that the replacement laser was obviously of lower power than all 5 of the correct lasers :undecided:

Two wrong less powerful lasers is better than one wrong less powerful laser but it still isn't what I ordered....still doesn't equal a satisfied customer with faith in lasersman.com

I guess it comes down to a lack of respect for the customer.
But.. it doesn't make sense to do a special offer for LPF members to gain new customers if you are going to do things like intentionally send the wrong laser. I mean they picked the lasers to run the special on, so you would think they would pick lasers they had in stock.

Although, I'm not so sure they stock them at all...the order numbers kaidy gave me were nothing like the order number from my order on the lasersman site. I am assuming they are drop shipping from dino direct. In which case it's dino direct sending out the wrong laser and also dino direct who would be footing the bill to send replacements.

To me if these ladies were not around I prolly would have very little to do with the companies.
Exactly!

I tell you what, after I've read all this. Forget my business from lasersman.
Not going to settle for a wrong product. That's just unacceptable.

And even my own experience. I wanted to cancel the order a few days after i made it. That was refused and i had to receive the product. My business is done with cheap-drop ship chinese suppliers.
Stickin to the good names and no BS.

OK, so I was a bit annoyed when I made my last post and honestly it has more of a negative tone than it should. I should have waited a few days before posting.

I also need to clarify something, Kaidy has informed me that Lasersman.com is infact NOT a dropship company. That they do not work with or cooperate with dino direct at all.

She is telling me that when they ran out of stock on the 4-in-1, they decided to switch manufacturers. Since the 4-in-1 was quite a unique laser it makes sense this new manufacturer could not make a laser that was very similar. Who knows where the blame actually goes for such a different laser being sent to customers. If they direct ship from the manufacturer and that new manufacturer had said "sure we can replicate that laser for you", it's likely lasersman did not know they were different until customers started complaining.

It really is unfortunate this happened because I'm sure the whole reason for the LPF discount was to gain new customers who would purchase in the future. With a lot of effort going into this with obviously very little to no profit from the lasers being sold I'm sure it was even more disheartening for Kaidy and lasersman than it was for the customers, like me, who received the wrong laser.

Yes, someone somewhere screwed up and I got sent the wrong laser, twice. But, Kaidy has really gone out of her way and bent over backwards each time to try to make it right and make me happy.

I do feel confident with making future purchases because I know if anything is screwed up Kaidy will do something to make it right and I will come out way ahead. I didn't want to leave it where my last post would deter people from purchasing from lasersman because I would still recommend them to someone looking to make a value-based laser purchase. Just be sure you're working with Kaidy, she's awesome.

Last edited:
OK, so I was a bit annoyed when I made my last post and honestly it has more of a negative tone than it should. I should have waited a few days before posting.

I also need to clarify something, Kaidy has informed me that Lasersman.com is infact NOT a dropship company. That they do not work with or cooperate with dino direct at all.

She is telling me that when they ran out of stock on the 4-in-1, they decided to switch manufacturers. Since the 4-in-1 was quite a unique laser it makes sense this new manufacturer could not make a laser that was very similar. Who knows where the blame actually goes for such a different laser being sent to customers. If they direct ship from the manufacturer and that new manufacturer had said "sure we can replicate that laser for you", it's likely lasersman did not know they were different until customers started complaining.

It really is unfortunate this happened because I'm sure the whole reason for the LPF discount was to gain new customers who would purchase in the future. With a lot of effort going into this with obviously very little to no profit from the lasers being sold I'm sure it was even more disheartening for Kaidy and lasersman than it was for the customers, like me, who received the wrong laser.

Yes, someone somewhere screwed up and I got sent the wrong laser, twice. But, Kaidy has really gone out of her way and bent over backwards each time to try to make it right and make me happy.

I do feel confident with making future purchases because I know if anything is screwed up Kaidy will do something to make it right and I will come out way ahead. I didn't want to leave it where my last post would deter people from purchasing from lasersman because I would still recommend them to someone looking to make a value-based laser purchase. Just be sure you're working with Kaidy, she's awesome.

I feel the exact same about the whole situation. Kaidy has given me some of the best customer support I have ever received but she has no control on how the business operates. IMHO I will only purchase from lasermans if kaidy is involved in the sale and I will not purchase any of the higher end items (over $30).... I just don't trust them enough after the 150mw guarantee and then shipping whatever they have in stock and not saying anything about it.

DJNY

Also got the wrong laser, with optional star cap.

Honestly, I like this laser.. It´s great for this price and better built quality than the original 4-in-1

Measured power: 90-95mW

What I don´t like is the dot shape, it´s TEM01:

Out of focus for test, wall ~150ft away, shot taken with SX50HS (50x zoomed)

I do think that I got this laser here: 200mw 532nm Green Focus Handheld Laser Pointer

Last edited:
well, we are doing promotions for the second one, just clear the stock, so earning no money.

Therefore, the price is very low.

If anyone wants to order other lasers, just contact me directly for discounts.

Thanks for your attention.

21935141.jpg

Also, how do you even know if she's not a he?

Last edited:

Encap

Just be sure you're working with Kaidy, she's awesome.

Do not believe everything you are told--Dino Direct and Lasersman have the same fax phone number.

Unless there is only 1 fax machine in China.

Do not believe everything you are told--Dino Direct and Lasersman have the same fax phone number.

Unless there is only 1 fax machine in China.

We should know not to believe her from the start. She promises to sell us uptospec lasers but members have LPM'd them to realise how TERRIBLE UNDERSPEC they are.

You have to realize that she is just relaying the words of the suppliers and her superiors. She may have typed it out on this forum but those were not her words nor is she capable of doing a single thing to attempt to back them. Thus we cannot really hold her to them other than realizing that the results should be expected and the price is still good for the products. If you do not think they are good enough for the price then don't buy them.