Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: Firedragon 300mW 532nm - $149 - A GO! COLLECTING CONTACT INFO!

Well since you asked I went ahead and looked, it is focusable, but not with an external focus ring, you have to unscrew the cap and use a spanner wrench to adjust the focus.
So I went ahead and adjusted it and now i'm down to .5" at 19ft, so I imagine if I play around with it some more I can probably improve upon that. It also burns a fair bit quicker now than it did.

Interesting, i want to try it. Is it delicate work? I do not want to damage it! I mean the beam of this thing is like ten times fatter than my 50mw. Id like to improve it if i can.

It really isn't delicate, there is a circular plate the diameter of the laser below with two holes for a spanner to fit it with the lens recessed in the center. I will remove the cover and get a few pictures tonight after work and post them so you can see what it looks like.

All I'll probably resell this laser shipped for GB price once I have a chance to LPM it.

I prefer lasers that I can stick in my pocket:p

If you do, I just may take it off your hands, only cause I want the module to stick in an ehgemus host that I think it just might work in. :)

It really isn't delicate, there is a circular plate the diameter of the laser below with two holes for a spanner to fit it with the lens recessed in the center. I will remove the cover and get a few pictures tonight after work and post them so you can see what it looks like.

Oh, great, it will be really helpful! Right now this laser (at least mine) is a bad burner but i bet its burning capabilities will be improved after this minor adjustment. Thanks in advance!

Oh, great, it will be really helpful! Right now this laser (at least mine) is a bad burner but i bet its burning capabilities will be improved after this minor adjustment. Thanks in advance!

Here are the pictures of the inside, I had a spanner wrench for microscope lenses and it works perfect lasers as well but it shouldn't be too hard too find something else. The white stuff appears to be something to lock the ring in place but even after I turned it the ring still holds in place, I have not had it turn on me by itself. I didn't feel any resistance from the white stuff when I initially turned the lens ass'y. The lens cap turned off by hand pretty easily so it shouldn't be hard to get to the inner workings. Hope this helps.
Aaron

Attachments

• DSC00230 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00230 (Custom).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00231 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00231 (Custom).JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00239 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00239 (Custom).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00253 (Custom).JPG
    DSC00253 (Custom).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 73
Still im not sure what the wrench is for. I just stick a pen inside these holes and twist the lens in order to focus the laser to a smaller dot. Not very convenient though! But i have a feeling this is not what you mean! Perhaps use the wrench to mess with the diode itself?

The spanner wrench just has two points that can be adjusted to fit into the two holes. Using a pen to adjust it works as well, I used that before I found my wrench during my latest move.

Still im not sure what the wrench is for. I just stick a pen inside these holes and twist the lens in order to focus the laser to a smaller dot. Not very convenient though! But i have a feeling this is not what you mean! Perhaps use the wrench to mess with the diode itself?

Ok! Its now better focused to infinity. I also placed the sticker a little higher and i have a not so bad focusing mechanism. I unscrew it three full circles to focus it really close and screw it back all the way to focus it to infinity. Im more pleased with the laser now!
I believe it will work even better when i receive my new cells. The one supplied is crap!

Last edited:
Got my laser today, and just did a quick and dirty LPM test.

I must say... very pleasantly surprised. Peaked at 494mW!

Divergence could be better... and I might play around with the lens... very simple to do... but it's not terrible as is.

Wish the beam diameter wasn't as large.

All in all, this was an amazing deal. Despite originally planning to part with this laser, I think I might just keep it.

I'll post a result with a good battery as soon as possible.

Glad to see such a happy outcome :)

:thanks: for organizing this :wave:

I got impatient and did an LPM test... AW battery, not fully charged:

ScreenShotofLPMChartFromTest1.jpg

Thats one hell of a laser for $149
Seems like most, or all who participated in this GB got 300+mW