Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB 445nm diodes For Sale $45

Jimmymcjimthejim, possibly a few, but I send most all buyers the projector lens, and I doubt anyone would actually use it in a laser, it's not good as a laser collimator IMHO! Here's some good news:
Chuck says "Please tell the forums we will have 1000 manufactured by Friday. Cool project." :wave::wave::wave: -Glenn

PP me $5 and I'll tell glen to send you mine.
Thanks for the offer, but it's alright. I know that Glenn is going to keep a few of the diodes for himself, which means that he will have extra lenses. If he isn't going to use them, then I wouldn't mind having a few extras to test or use.

Hey Glen are these projectors an XJ-A140 or XJ-A130? There is some speculation now that the XJ-A140 diodes are consistent with the properties of 2W diodes. That's optical power. Apparently those diodes will give 30k hours of life at 1.5+W. It's not yet confirmed but it looks like the XJ-A140 diodes are considerably more powerful. Heruursciences was finally able to damage a A140 diode at 2.3A of current! In either case 650mA seem to be a good current for a portable host. Any higher than that and it'll need better cooling, especially over the 1W mark.

-Tony

TTerbo

yes i am in this GB. i have discussed over pm paypal money hasnt cleared yet.
cheers

When will the 5th projector be ordered? I'm in for 2 if it's a week from now

Sign me up for one diode, please. Payment upon confirmation.

Oh, and I don't need the lens. Let someone else have it.

Looks like we need another 14 to complete this GB round! Rossco and myself have been looking around for suppliers for these "lamps" but its not easy finding a reputable one. Kudos to you guys for finding these things. I was almost tempted to just buy the projector for $800! LOL That's the equivalent of around 5 12x burners but I would get almost 5 times the number of diodes! (assuming there are 24 of these diodes in the lamp).

Hi Glenn, any updates on the diodes?
Thank you and have a nice weekend.
Regards,
Leu

Jim

I will take 2 diodes, with 405 aixiz glass lenses (3 if possible, my 405nm could do with one too..).

As some have mentioned, is it possible that the a140 has better diodes? I would guess they would be from the same production line, but perhaps they are binned, saving the highest efficiency diodes for the brighter projector?

Is so, I would definetly pay the difference. Imagine a freak 445nm that happily puts out 2W for a few thousand (or even hundred) hours! "Another 2 pairs of glasses on top of these ones, please!"

I will take 2 diodes, with 405 aixiz glass lenses (3 if possible, my 405nm could do with one too..).

As some have mentioned, is it possible that the a140 has better diodes? I would guess they would be from the same production line, but perhaps they are binned, saving the highest efficiency diodes for the brighter projector?

Is so, I would definetly pay the difference. Imagine a freak 445nm that happily puts out 2W for a few thousand (or even hundred) hours! "Another 2 pairs of glasses on top of these ones, please!"
A140 diodes are, IIRC , proven to be very high power units as they are being run at 1.5W in the projector - I think I read that somewhere here onthe forum, anyhow, I think they are capable of 2W output as you mentioned.
But I think FA collimation will be needed...

Count me in for 1 of the 445nm diodes. What's your paypal? Also, did I make it into the 5th GB, or will I have to wait for GB #6?

EDIT: And a Axixz module and Axixz 405 glass lens please.
EDIT 2: and I no longer want the PHR BR diode.

Last edited:
A140 diodes are, IIRC , proven to be very high power units as they are being run at 1.5W in the projector - I think I read that somewhere here onthe forum, anyhow, I think they are capable of 2W output as you mentioned.
But I think FA collimation will be needed...

Wow but is that CW? I believe they were pulsed at that output. Although as long as they're kept cool I wouldn't doubt they'll handle it.

-Tony