Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

gas prices how much a month do u spend

i spend over 120 bucks a week in gas driving back and forth to work 200 counting my wife and kids gas thats over 800 a month :'( thats a rpl i could have purchased every month 12 RPL's a year  :'(
I wish i  lived closer to  work :p

I spend approx $0/month on petrol. I have a bike instead :) I was gonna buy me a car, but really I have no use for it.

Though of course, I don't have a family to cart around. Damn petrol prices hitting the families :'(

daguin

$360 a month just to commute to work (not including vacation or recreation travel)

Peace,
dave

I live close to my work so I use my bike to get there, unless it rains/snows. :p

I fill the tank up about once or twice per month. It averages around €75 per month I guess. With a current gas price of €1.55 per liter. :eek:

Razako

$120-200+ per month. Every time I buy gas I think about all of the sweet stuff I could have bought from DX with the money.
They're expecting gas prices to go up 1-2 dollars over summer :'(

daguin

thejunkmonger said:
stop complaining I spend $436.00 a month to do about 500 miles :'(

I, for one, was most assuredly NOT complaining. A couple of years ago my wife and I made a trip to Ireland. We rented a car. When we stopped for gas, my wife mentioned that .98 wasn't that expensive for gas. I had to explain to her that, that was .98 EURO not US dollars. Which at the the exchange rate at the time was about $1.29 AND that, that price was for a LITER! So it was about $5.10 a gallon for gas two years ago!!

We have it VERY good here.

Peace,
dave

I wonder what the prices will be like if the price per oil barrel goes beyond the $200 barrier.

Razako

Petrovski said:
I wonder what the prices will be like if the price per oil barrel goes beyond the $200 barrier.
Expect 5-6 dollars per gallon throughout the US and a meltdown of the economy.
Basically now is the ideal time to invest in an electric car/hybrid.

Indeed. Or at least a gas powered car with high economy. Hard times for all the SUV-with-V8 owners I suppose. Second hand prices of those cars will probably plunge.

I hate reading all of this stuff about gas because I know it is going to kill me once I start driving. I get my license in a few months, the problem is that I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere so every time I drive I will be going at least 20 miles round trip. If it hits $6 a gallon like Razako said I'll have no other choice but to ride the bus to my school every morning :(

rkcstr

Man, the summer I graduated high school (2001), the gas prices hit $.99/gallon!!

Now, they're $4.19 where I am :eek:

But, I understand in the US gas prices are (typically) way cheaper than other countries... but we're also a huge country with lots of buying power for Mid-East/South American oil, plus we have sources within our own country, but that doesn't seem to be helping at all anymore :(

the US has a huge supply of oil - it just costs us a ton of money to pump it, so we continue to buy overseas oil

BUT once the price hits that magical break even point, we can give them a big middle finger cause it would cost the same to pump our own oil :D

daguin

MarioMaster said:
the US has a huge supply of oil - it just costs us a ton of money to pump it, so we continue to buy overseas oil

BUT once the price hits that magical break even point, we can give them a big middle finger cause it would cost the same to pump our own oil :D

You're missing the big, long-term picture. We buy up and burn all they have. Yes it costs us now. However, all they have is oil. When it's gone, they have nothing left. We win!

Peace,
dave