Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Game: Guess the mystery object !

Ding ding! Piferal is close enough. It is a permanent tattoo machine. This one was made to look like a pistol revolver mechanism and shows the primer side of bullet casings for decorative purposes. :)

Edit: here is a back side view

H00510-1114596.550x550.jpg

Last edited:

GBD

Something from my workplace:
Hint: its a vacuum tube.

What is it's proper name and what (specific application) is it used for.

Vtube.jpg

Vtube2.jpg

GBD

A tip of the hat to you sir! your turn (if you wish)

Last edited:
Heh, thanks. I have Amateur Radio training to blame for that knowledge. Tell me, what do you use vidicons for? I was under the impression there were largely being phased out of use.

Hint: it is NOT a big glowy glass octopus.
guessp.jpg

GBD

Mercury arc rectifier - haven't seen one in ages.

And we use the vidicons in REALLY old quality control cameras inside machinery, Im wondering too why they haven't replaced the whole unit yet (they will probably work it till total failiure then replace it).

With how cheap cameras are nowdays, and the fact that their resolusion is many times beter then vidicon, that tube is just a nice looking shelf piece.

Last edited:
Mercury arc rectifier - haven't seen one in ages.

And we use the vidicons in REALLY old quality control cameras inside machinery, Im wondering too why they haven't replaced the whole unit yet (they will probably work it till total failiure then replace it).

With how cheap cameras are nowdays, and the fact that their resolusion is many times beter then vidicon, that tube is just a nice looking shelf piece.

Indeed, your turn!

Ah, gotcha, yeah it's odd to see old tech still in use sometimes. Which is why I thought of the Hd diode.

Yes it is cheating to use Google!

GBD

Okay... I got no ideas.

Guess what my avatar is. (simple for some, hard for others.)

Are the blades of a kind of turbo, I guess :thinking:

Wow very quickly with the Vidicon tube, I have not even had time to see the post hahaha.

Last edited:

GBD

Knew it was too easy. yep, your right piferal.

Last edited: