Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Game: Guess the mystery object !

HIMNL9

Also, the designer of that particular furniture was a bit stupid, imho.

I mean, we don't live in a "white chamber", right ? ..... there is always some dust and dirt, on a floor ..... the part of the seats that you slide on the floor when you're sit on them, is the top, when you compose it , and vice-versa ..... very intelligent thing to do (ask to any girl that do cleaning homeworks, what this mean, and how they look after a pair of times you use them :p :D)

anselm

Sorry for keeping you waiting.
mystery_ob_m1903705.jpg

Tamper proof lock? The bottom of it reminds me of something our electric company used to put on the electric meters to keep customers from opening them up.

anselm

nope. it's sort of an antique, i don't believe they're being used anymore,
but they must've been very common (every household) in the UK and likely many other places, too.

HIMNL9

It looks almost handmade ..... is it related with containers ? ..... that pin at the end, with the ring of wire, it suggest me some sort of "artigianal" can or bottle tops puncher, or, anyway, something for punch or rip tops of round things .....

Last edited:

anselm

no, no, no, no, no,

a-HA!!!!
it suggest me some sort of "artigianal" can or bottle tops puncher,
I guess I'll give it to you.
It's a milk bottle opener from a time when they had cardboard tops!
Well done.

ped

oh nooooo that meanswe have to suffer one of HIMNL9's ! :D

Just as a point, i found something yesterday that i have no idea what it is, should i post a pic?

anselm

i found something yesterday that i have no idea what it is,
If everybody can only keep guessing, how will you know who the winner is, then?
But hey, post away, you got me curious.:D

Last edited:

ped

Im betting someone will say ...oh yeah ive seen them!

And its not my turn, I'm posting it to see if someone knows what it is haha, not part of the game.

35asx1t.jpg

Last edited:

HIMNL9

No problems, for me, use it as part of the game (when in the meantime i found something really hard to guess ..... just kidding :p :D)

As first guess trial i can say ..... something for hold advertising panels hooked on wires or chains ?

EDIT: anselm, milk bottles had cardboard tops ? ..... how much time ago, 100 years ? (i'm old, but i never seen a milk bottle with a cardboard top, the older one i remember had aluminium caps with strap tabs :p)

Last edited: