Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FUTURE GIVEAWAY thread

Thank you AJ, for those who have posted here when the giveaway is near ill post an update here so you will all get a notification :D

ok 1 W green is kinda much,, how bout 1 W yellow?
lol jk,, or am i?

Last edited:
i dont think 1W of 589 even exists and if it does then its many 589nm combined into one beam :D

looks cool but didnt say if it was combined beams or just one laser. afaik, 1W of 589nm is unheard of in handheld form. CNI sells then but they are only rated from 5-80mW

I just wanted to show you that they do indeed exist :D
Even 50W...

Those are big, specially made for pointing the sky. IMO they are single lasers, not combined...

tonyt

I was going to say the VLT has a mega 589nm to work out how to compensate for upper atmospheric conditions.. But you beat me to it! Also, it is a massive single laser.. And cost over a million dollars when it was installed a few years ago. .

Edit..
Look at the beamshine on the sides of the doors! Crazy..

Laser_Towards_Milky_Ways_Centre.jpg

Last edited:
Well they do exist but not for us hobbyists :p looks like thats out of the question for this giveaway, sorry guys :crackup:

I was going to say the VLT has a mega 589nm to work out how to compensate for upper atmospheric conditions.. But you beat me to it! Also, it is a massive single laser.. And cost over a million dollars when it was installed a few years ago. .

Edit..

Hmmm i wonder how much shipping would cost on that,,, i live on a Cul-de-sac so i have a great place to set it up...

Edit..

Those are very nice systems. I picked one up on ebay for US $39, including the adaptive optics and DSP controllers, with free shipping. It does 54.7W when I push it, but the bill from the three-phase is killing me. I mostly use it for making popcorn on movie night because that doesn't take very long. It also works well for getting that "oh so crispy" skin on BBQ chicken. The neighbors all hate me, because I can BBQ my chicken at 800 meters. :eek:

OKAY....fantasy over. IF ONLY, ......right?

Hey, a brutha can dream, can't he?...

Lol, gorgeous beam :drool: good find Leo and Tony. Go easy on LL guys :crackup:

~ LB

i only look at handheld lasers and flashlights. lab or any gas lasers, i dont follow or care to at the moment