Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FUTURE GIVEAWAY thread

Hey everyone,

So for my 2000 post I wanted to do a giveaway for this great community I am part of. Well I wasn't expecting to jump to 2000 posts this quick but I am happy with how things have gone and all the members I've helped out to get to this landmark :beer:

Many members over at BLF (budgetlightforum) do give-a-ways all the time; 1000, 1500, 2000 posts etc.... This is something I wanted to start more of over here at LPF. I encourage everyone to do a giveaway at some point in their time here at LPF :D

Anyways, since I'm about to move and I wasn't planning on hitting 2000 posts at this time, I just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out for a future giveaway. It will most likely happen at around 2500 posts (I'm going to start PMing members to answer their questions so I don't jump to 2500 right away :p

Second purpose of this thread was to get an idea of what the community would like as a giveaway prize. Although i cant promise that what you suggest will end up being the ultimate prize, I will take your suggestions into consideration. Please be kind and don't suggest something like a 1W 532nm laser because that is just ridiculous now :D

I was debating between giving away a laser of some sort or a night flashlight, maybe a host for a build but I'm open to suggestions so post away. Keep any eye out as I get closer to 2500 posts for the real give-a-way.

When the giveaway happens I will outline the rules and how the drawing will go (random.com will pick the post number for me to keep it fair)

Livinloud

Last edited:

Re: FUTURE GIVE-A-WAY thread

I don't get it all, but big ups on ya for your generosity! You and I must be the two biggest loudmouths on the forum! Are you a former redditor also?

ARG

I've been meaning to do a giveaway as well. To give something back to the community for all that it's given me.

Maybe I'll give out one of my early LPM prototypes or somthing.

Last edited:

norbyx

Well that is a good idea... Even though normally givaways are held by business owners to promote their products, and not users. Anyhow if you want a givaway idea, I think that a flashlight that can be eventually stripped down to become a laser is a good option. If one doesn't build lasers than he has a flashlight otherwise it can just be converted.

Also it is not too expensive...

Well, over at BLF, they do giveaways from members to members and thats what gave me the idea. it not a business promo or anything, its normally just to give back to the community since they gave so much to them. I couldnt agree any more with that, LPF has given me such a wealth of knowledge and i dont mind giving back in a unique way.

I think that a flashlight might be the way to go. Its unique for members here at LPF and afaik most members dont collect flashlights like they do lasers. This will give the winner a choice, leave it as a light and enjoy it that way or ditch the reflector and make a heat sink.

What do you guys think of this?

@Alex, if you do a giveaway for one of your earlier LPM prototypes then count me in. I would love to own a piece of early DIY LPM history! Would be an amazing conversation piece!

@SBA, no i never really got into Reddit, dont even have an account

@Everyone else, i highly suggest you think over doing a giveaway of your own. We all know LPF has given us so much in the way of knowledge and giving back is always a great idea. It will never be a requirement but i highly suggest it. Plus it gives new members a chance to win something (also vets as well) and is just a good thing to do for our community. Doesn't have to be anything large like a PL532 @ 1W and can be something as small as a LPM'd laser pen. its not the prize that matters, its the thought and giving back :beer:

**Also i no way promoting BLF or comparing BLF to LPF (LPF will always be my home) but i highly suggest them if you are even remotely interested in flashlights. Its crazy how many mods there are to even the simplest lights that make them 20x what they are from the factory!**

Last edited:
I just wanted to let everyone know to keep an eye out for a future giveaway. It will most likely happen at around 2500 posts

Sooo....

2634268-the-businessman-on-an-isolated-background-looks-at-the-watch.jpg

In 15 hours?

tonyt

I'll do a 3D maglite at 500! Great idea LL!

Also, supposedly I have to "spread some more rep" before giving you more..

Last edited:
Good lookin' out livinloud and tonyt,
That's a great way to try and give back to all the awesome people here at LPF, looking forward to it. +1 :D

Last edited:
Cyparagon, I would have done my gieaway now at 2000 posts but 2000 came at a horrible time. im getting ready to move down to FL again and get an apartment. After graduating from college, its a big move in my life and want to make sure everything goes smooth. last thing i need, although i really want to do it now, is anything else thrown into the plan that could distract me and looking for a prize would somehow jump to #1 on my list :p

Tonyt, thats the spirit!!!!

Also it may come before 2500, all depends on how fast my count rises and how quickly i move in. ive been slowwing down the posts lately and trying to only help people when no one else is stepping in or PM'ing them to help instead of psoting

Got my eye on a few prizes already (see i told you it'd be #1 priority for me).

tonyt

Cheers LL.. Well i guess my giveaway will be tomorrow then.. Lol.. At my rate.

And i spread some more love around so I was able to +1 you again :yh:

If you know someone that could engrave cheap (or maybe if you can do it) you can personalize lasers hosts (or full lasers, 5mW dunno) as gifts... :)

Last edited:
Well thank you Tonyt, appreciate the love and once i see your giveaway thread i will gladly spread some to you for your giveaway.

The engraving option is actually a great idea. i will start looking into sources for this in FL or if a member here can do it please contact me so we can discuss further :D

tonyt

Thanks bud..
It will either be tomorrow or the next day..
And postage will be on me :p

Very cool, Livinloud. It's a nice gesture, and a good way to promote the atmosphere of community here at LPF.

Best of luck in your new digs, and I hope the move goes well.