Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Full Copper Jacket - The Little Weapon - M140, 445nm, 2W+

Hi GSS,
Text me the beam shot pics when you get a chance and ill post them for you pal.

Rich:)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Hi GSS,
Text me the beam shot pics when you get a chance and ill post them for you pal.

I sure will Rich:) I owe it to RB and you..
I did get play with it yesterday and as I said i'm still amazed at this things heft and overall feel. Beam spec's are the nice and typical M140 with the G2.
You do though have to get used to the rear flat button. No clicky and all it needs is a soft touch to turn on. I would definitely not let anyone without laser knowledge play with it as anything you might bump has a chance of it turning on, but again it was custom made for me:):eg::eek:
It's kinda cool that the best way to hold it when playing is like a real heavy cigar..
I briefly looked up the Nano host for switch and battery info and can't believe RB sent me something so so nice..:yabbem:
Rhodium plated connectors and the rear cap switch with magnectic push rather than springs that supposidly lose strength over constant vaping..
My finger oils have already started to dull the module:whistle:....so i'll try to spruce it up before the text pic's Lifetime..

Last edited:
Hi GSS,
Awesome you finally got to mess with it , yes those copper sinks are heavy even in a small package like the 510's . When i turn out a regular host and a copper sink the height takes over feel great. And yes send me those text pics i will post them buddy.

You do though have to get used to the rear flat button. No clicky and all it needs is a soft touch to turn on. I would definitely not let anyone without laser knowledge play with it as anything you might bump has a chance of it turning on,..

hehehe, believe me, even if you have laser knowledge it's very easy to accidently turn on and burn anything in it's path.
Don't tell my wife but when I was testing it, I accidently pressed it and burnt a mark on the chair next to me.
The puff of smoke confirmed 'The Kill'.... :crackup:

IMG_4270.JPG

In all seriousness though, you have to be super careful with these Copper Nanos Mech mods as they activate really easily, much easier than the side fired Aspires in my Avatar.
The thing I really like about these Nanos though is that you can lock the rear button into the 'on' position and use them as a 'LightSaber'.
I've bought a whole bunch of these Nanos now from Rich and Alibaba hoping to complete my collection of these beautiful 510's.

RB

:beer:

Reactions: GSS
Don't let your wife see you doing these types of things or you may have to get a new hobby. :D

GSS

RB, you can always blame it on the dog, or in your case maby one of your "rooster's" or "chicken's" ran into the house:shhh: although she probably heard that story a 1000 times:eg:
I did the light saber way but found the cigar hold the best way:D
I'm going to try some 18350's as soon as the cats away..I'm curious if the bottom switch will screw on or even work??

Last edited:
opps I done that a few times were i experiment with my lasers

mmmm, wow, how gorgeous did this build turn out !
As you may remember I had purchased some Full Copper 510's from Rich and I promised to make one for my friend Peter (GSS).
When I asked him what he'd like he reluctantly asked for an M140 445nm, he's such a humble, caring guy.

Well after a slight break from lasers I've started up again and I've finally got around to building a couple of Copper 510's.
This one's going out to Pete this week, as soon as I get a chance to ship it to him.
It's the first time I've dealt with an M140 and I must say I like the nice tight beam decent power.
Bought the modules from DTR, needless to say Jordan was once again fantastic to deal with and shipping was super fast to Aust.

The full copper body looks awesome and Rich did a great job on these.
I've also built a 465nm in the other copper 510 and there's a very visible difference in beam colour compared to the M140 445nm.
But when I tried to capture the difference in colour the camera didn't pick up the difference and both beams looked the same.
The 445nm is on the right, the 465nm is on the left.
The 465nm also gets noticeably hotter, quicker in this small host.

So, I thought I'd have a bit of fun and make a quick video showing off this nice 445nm copper build.
Hope you enjoy, oh and turn up the volume.

{Vimeo Link} Custom Copper 510 Mech Mod Laser.

RB

IMG_4152.JPG

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_4238.JPG

P5180007-pro.jpg

beautiful

How did I miss this thread, very nice looking mods awesome man, these are the ones you polished yes!

Very nice video man!

Last edited:
trinh hong phuoc, Julian95, badboybilly, thank you for your kind words.

How did I miss this thread, very nice looking mods awesome man, these are the ones you polished yes!

Very nice video man!

Glad you liked them Billy, you should start making some copper builds man !!
These are beautifully made hosts from Rich (Lifetime17).
I bought four and I've already used three of them.

One was for a gift to my friend Pete (GSS) who chose an M140 module. He was very happy to receive it.

The next one was for myself, a NUBM07E 465nm and that came up beautifully.
Gorgeous beam on it, the WL is so much better in real life than what my camera can capture, as you see in the two beams shot in this thread.

Unfortunately I didn't know about the Varnish method that you and Paul put me onto with the Rust-olium etc, so the first two are unvarnished.

Then, as you know I polished up the last two, as you saw in the other thread.
So last night I completed the third one, a beautiful 505nm, 35mW from DTR which I'll be making a thread about soon, once I complete the forth one, a N465 4W.
I'll put both in a new thread with beam shots but as a teaser I posted a tongue in cheek photo this morning of the 505nm in this post below.

<<Link Below>>

http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/post-your-random-pics-73077.html#post1489493

Cheers
Andrew

Awesome man, I know you missed out on the 473,s. I have a custom build with a 477 you might like, Just thought I would let you know! There's no rush it'll be in the BST section soon buddy, For anyone that missed out on these diodes this is a special build!

That sound great, Andrew. I really loved the way your clear coating went and it was nice of you to post it all too. It might be pretty tricky to do it, but I'l bet there is a way to coat completed builds if you are careful enough. I just finished purchasing four more 503nm diodes for another member here and will be measuring their wavelengths once they arrive.

Thanks Billy and Paul.

Agreed Paul, if your careful I'm sure it can be done on complete builds, just have to alter the steps a bit I suppose.

I'll give it a go on the sinner hosts and see.

:)

Great. I've been wanting to do my Cyprus II, but haven't yet because it seemed quite involved. I'll be watching you to see if I can use your technique to use on mine.