Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: TANK007 Complete Build Kit

I make lots of different kits for people every day and as a matter of fact I just finished 5 each SH-032 Copper kit's about a week ago but
you are right that thread has not been posted in for a long time, about time it was I would say :crackup:

Thanks for your attention, no offence taken since no one got neg repped, I've seen that happen before though :p

Later...

only reason i said something was since the last post was roughly 1.5 years old so didnt want someone to get their hopes up and then you come back and say you no longer have these hosts. personally id be surprised if you still had some but who knows, ive been surprised before so there is no telling

why does the bottom two have a pill but the top three have just a heat sink with looks like the battery contact inside the heat sink? just different styles or is there a method to the madness :)

i will say the SS looks really nice for a host

Laik

Sorry about that FP and Zircarg, my apologies and they are bigger to remove the annoying pill and so there is more heat sink. I got a quote from FP a while back for one of these, they are very resonable :beer: If i remember right, he does the heat sink that removes the pill and the one that still uses it for the same price (please correct me if im wrong). This host is great and i would recommend it to anyone. Once again, sorry :)

I make two different styles one with a max size heat sink and no pill and then I make one with a pill that is keyed to the
heat sink so when you screw the pill in the heat sink turns also so you don't twist the LD's lead wires in two, you can
see the steel pin between the HS and the pill in the bottom one.

The keying opting costs $5.00 more if your interested and the contact boards are made from FR-4 fiberglass 2oz board
and have a gold plated spring soldered on and are $2.00 each and are made to fit any host.

Each style has it's own reason for being, mainly some people like to put the driver in the pill and some people do not.

Sorry about that FP and Zircarg, my apologies and they are bigger to remove the annoying pill and so there is more heat sink. I got a quote from FP a while back for one of these, they are very resonable :beer: If i remember right, he does the heat sink that removes the pill and the one that still uses it for the same price (please correct me if im wrong). This host is great and i would recommend it to anyone. Once again, sorry :)

Don't worry about it we all make mistakes no harm no foul :D

These look realy nice. can you make 2.2watt 445 ready tote? go completed?. The only modificationto the design is that the host has a flat bottom so it wouldn't roll...a hex front and back..beam parallel to table it rests on. tripod mount like the one descibed is also on one I'd like. if you can pm me. I want a pair of them

2.2W is a lot for this size of heat sink but maybe with a short duty cycle and it is a single 18650 host so the most voltage you will be working
with is 4.2 volts so a good boost drive is needed if your going put in a 445 or 405 LD.

and these guys are round and will roll so a external means of anti-roll will have to be applied.

But they are very nice hosts well made and with the side clicky and a tripod mount sure is handy ;)

LaZeRz

Nice to see you're still offering these Jeff :) Afaik you're the only person still selling these. They're great little hosts and the side button is a big plus. Jeff is right up there amongst all the forums reputable sellers so you know you'll be taken care of ;)

LaZeRz

2.2W is a lot for this size of heat sink but maybe with a short duty cycle and it is a single 18650 host so the most voltage you will be working
with is 4.2 volts so a good boost drive is needed if your going put in a 445 or 405 LD.

and these guys are round and will roll so a external means of anti-roll will have to be applied.

But they are very nice hosts well made and with the side clicky and a tripod mount sure is handy ;)

Throwing an idea out, if you have the tap used for making tripod mounts perhaps you can make a little screw that extrudes from the body a tiny bit to act as an anti roll. A slot for a flathead would also make removing it easy :)

Edit: Actually wait a sec, doesn't the side clicky act as kind of an anti roll? Or does it become flush with the body while in the on position?

Last edited:
thought of making an attachable base for it so it sits like a labbie. and adjustable clamp to put on a carpenter's level

Yes I can make you any type of base you would like to fit the TANK007

Maybe something round like this base I made to hold a very large LPM head>

thought of making an attachable base for it so it sits like a labbie. and adjustable clamp to put on a carpenter's level

Ok pm me on the cost for two units and bases... however id like the bases rectangular to reflect the host that it supports

Trying to follow the posts. Isn't the 18650 a 3.7V source battery. I was interested in the concept of a 2.2W build, but noobishly thought the 18650 might not support it.