Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel Green Kit! - Polished! - Easy Assembly...

My Hosts arrived today WOOHOOOO!! :drool:

it is soo much better looking than i imagined in person, Jay you have done a awesome job on the "Stainless Steel Green Mod Kit" it only took 5mins to complete :)

i havent started on the "Solarforce" yet, and that looks insane!! ill leave the install of that till tomorrow once ive picked up some more flux.

Also the 200mW module i got from o-like arrived a few days ago, and curiosity got the better of me and i unscrewed it (i was careful of not dirtying the lenses)

but could this be why im seeing some perfectly round lines around my beam?

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

DAVE!!

Last edited:

jayrob

My Hosts arrived today WOOHOOOO!!

it is soo much better looking than i imagined in person, Jay you have done a awesome job on the "Stainless Steel Green Mod Kit" it only took 5mins to complete

i havent started on the "Solarforce" yet, and that looks insane!! ill leave the install of that till tomorrow once ive picked up some more flux.

Also the 200mW module i got from o-like arrived a few days ago, and curiosity got the better of me and i unscrewed it (i was careful of not dirtying the lenses)

but could this be why im seeing some perfectly round lines around my beam?

DAVE!!

Glad you like the kit!

Yes most likely it probably just a smudge on your lens or something...

Last edited:
Just ordered the kit earlier today.

Will post pics when I receive it and get it put together.

Quick question, would using the rechargeable 3.7 volt batteries with the 50mw diode be an issue for the longevity of the diode?

jayrob

Just ordered the kit earlier today.

Will post pics when I receive it and get it put together.

Quick question, would using the rechargeable 3.7 volt batteries with the 50mw diode be an issue for the longevity of the diode?

Many people will use the RCR123. But remember that these green modules are cheap modules.

So even if you use a CR123, then they still may or may not last that long...

Personally, I always test power with a CR123. Because I find that once in a while you will get a very well aligned module that will give just as good output with a 3 volt battery. And if that is the case, then I just stay with the CR123 for better longevity. (hopefully)

In the module specs from the site you buy it at, it should say what the supply recommendations are for the module. Some will say 3 volt to 4.2...

jayrob

For the price, you can't beat the o-like modules. But just remember that they are a 'cheap' module...

Then again, even an expensive module can still die on you. I often wonder if the more expensive lasers are still built with the same cheap modules. Just hand picked ones...

I like the 100mW ones for these 12mm modules. Sometimes you get a nice over powered one that will put out 140mW's...

Sorry for a new guy question :p Would it be possible for me to use an LPC-826 diode in an AiXiZ module? I'm asking because I already have the AiXiZ and LPC-826.

Would there be any need for any other modifications? Like drilling or anything that? Or would I just do it normally except with an AiXiZ instead?

jayrob

This is a sweet host. I can't wait till I get a chance to do a few builds, this will definitely be on my list. :)

Last edited:

Tonga

A sweet host indeed Jay;)! I received mine today! Thanks again:)!