Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 18650 Kit! Polished! Perfect for 445...

This is by far the best host I've laid my hands on.

I wish more people would sell lasers in these hosts, because I'd buy them all up.

iFoSh

I was just curious...will the delay in V5 production increase the wait time of people who have ordered from you recently? I know you said 2-3 weeks IF you got the hosts in, but I was just curious if this would increase the delay.

jayrob

At this point, I have all drivers on hand for my current orders...

Any new orders that ask for the V5 FlexDrive are being made aware of the wait for new stock from drlava...

At this time, I am still about 3 weeks out on shipping of new orders due to the back log of orders that I have. Also, I have been having a hard time sourcing the SS 18650 host.

But I just got a new contact yesterday, and placed an additional order of 30 more hosts. (polished with blue tail cap) That's over 50 of this Stainless Steel Host that I have on order... (5 different orders from 3 different sources)

They are supposed to be shipped DHL with tracking.

So I am trying to make sure that I do not run out of hosts 'on hand'... (this is my plan anyway)

Last edited:

iFoSh

It doesn't look like there would be a good place for it, but have you tried putting a tritium marker in this host?

jayrob

Two problems...

The tritium needs a machined slot about .060 inches deep and this host is thin...

The other problem is, I don't want to machine into stainless steel. The tiny milling bit will most likely chip because it is so small, and the metal is very hard...

iFoSh

Good point. I figured there was a reason you didn't have pictures of one up already haha

my wires broke a while ago because they were twisted. then the driver leads were too short to use. to sum up, i ended up pulling the driver out lol. i've got my replacement flex drive. im just wondering about its installation. there is a red lead still on the hosts circuit board at the bottom of the pill. im assuming i just solder that to positive of driver, and solder negative of driver straight to the host? taking into account diode solderings to driver ofc.

jayrob

This host has a thick brass pill that the board is soldered to...

There is a solder point on the board that will connect to the pill, which is the path to negative...

There is also a solder point on the board that will connect to the spring on the other side of the board. Which is the positive contact to the battery.

You need a DMM to test these points to make sure you have the correct connections. With you DMM set to test continuity, you can use the probes to listen for the 'beep' that tells you when the connection is continuous...

jayrob

Got your covered...

MeanGreen, I sent your Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kit today with all the options I had noted on your order sheet... (Wednesday)

Thanks for being so patient!

I also want to mention to everyone who has orders with me for this kit, I finally got my delivery of hosts, and should have plenty of stock now. I will be working through the back log per 'date paid'...

Really sorry about the extra long delay...

I know that eventually I will get all caught up, and get back to my usual shipping within a couple of days. But it's taking me longer than I thought... (going camping for a week didn't help though)

Last edited:

iFoSh

No worries on the delay! I'm just happy to get one of your builds!! Haha thanks for working so hard.

jayrob

Cool man thanks...

swimminsurfer256, I'm sending your SS 18650 kits today with your others. (Thursday)

jsyco, same goes for your SS 18650 kit with the options you requested...

Hope you guys like them! :)

jsyco

Thanks jayrob, you are the man ! I was getting ready to unplug my soldering iron when I saw this but now I don't have to, besides I cant remember where I plugged it in anyway, :thinking:JK. Looking forward to getting what I know will be a top shelf product.:drool:

jayrob

Hope you like it! Let me know...

scythe, I shipped your Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kits (and other items) today. (Friday)

Sorry about the long wait... Hope your builds go well!

Last edited:

jayrob

Sure thing...

Send me a private message for ordering...

Proper eye protection needed: Just a warning. (In case you may be a beginner) Read up on proper eye protection...