Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FS: Sanwu Laser store - RGB handheld lasers, 405nm,445nm,465nm,470nm,505nm,515nm,520nm,525nm,635nm,650nm

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Hi cyber doc,
Nothing yet

Re: FS: Sanwu Laser store - R/G/B handhelds x3 BE & Stainless steel "The Spiker" rele

Hi All:

I got a notice from Sanwu about 2 hours ago that my 488nm-490nm G7 Pocket laser was shipping out! :D

-cd

I received my notice today also

I got the ship notification, woohoo!!!
Thanks Podo :D

Same here

I just received my first Sanwu laser. It’s a Challenger II configured to use a single 18650 battery. All the batteries I have are flat tops. I can’t get the laser to come on. Is there a issue with the flat tips or am I doing Something wrong.

I just received my first Sanwu laser. It’s a Challenger II configured to use a single 18650 battery. All the batteries I have are flat tops. I can’t get the laser to come on. Is there a issue with the flat tips or am I doing Something wrong.

Which Challenger 2 did you get? They are case negative, postive torward the diode.

You can try to jump the negative battery terminal to the case with a pair of pliers or scissors. :thinking:

On the site, the battery requirements read, "Two flat top 18350 li-ion batteries or Single 18650 button top li-ion batteries"

Since you went with the single 18650, it seems that you will need a button top or a magnetic spacer. Most likely, the positive terminal of the battery is not making contact with the battery contact board/driver. If you have a multimeter, you can test the current draw by shorting the negative battery terminal to the case. If there's any current draw, you might have a problem(very unlikely), in which case, contact podo.

Also, please make a welcome post in the welcome section with a little bit about yourself, so forum members can help you better if you need more aid. If you don't already have some, get safety goggles, these are imperative.

Stay safe, and enjoy your new laser (:

Last edited:

Some people like to use neodymium magnets that are 8mm or smaller to add a bump to them. I would still recommenced getting some with a proper button top.

I have some of those magnets that a member sent me, but I have never had need to use them. They are very powerful magnets, but can migrate regardless. You should try www.liionwholesale.com. They have the best prices on brand new batteries of any place I've used.

Last edited:

Its arrived............to Customs. Just checked the tracking and apparently my pocket 488 has landed itself at the customs office :( I'll have to see how this plays out now :banghead:

Are you concerned about customs seizing your new laser pointer, Corey? I don't know what the rules are in Germany?, if you are still there.

Good luck with the customs. Most likely they will just process it to you.

In Estonia all items are processed through a customs, luckily laws are not strict for lasers :)

I had to pay 20% TAX for my PLE-pro 532@800mw, this just happens and you should deal with it. My yellow laser that was DOA was released without tax.

Don’t worry Corey, as Ultracrepidarian mentioned, it may just go straight through customs and you will be okay. Luck!

Yeah, I always put a value of $10 or less on any items I ship out of the country. It saves my friends having to pay duty or taxes on them.

Back