Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Saik SA-305 Kit! With Options, Including a 32600 Li-Ion Battery...

jayrob

actually, its an extra $25, because moh did the polishing for free...

If the buyer gets the kit, and also a 405-G-1 together, I will polish the face of the heatsink for free if desired...

LaZeRz

Well, Moh was like the Chinese in some ways.

He would charge hardly anything for his labour and produce quality HS' (The quality was unlike the Chinese tho)

Come to think of it. These heatsinks look thicker :thinking:

Lets not derail this thread... Jayrob is still an awesome guy! especially in being creative :)

Last edited:

jayrob

Eh. I don't like high prices on hosts... :(

This is double what I used to pay.

Sorry you don't like the kit price...

I try to offer many options for for DIY with my kits and stuff.

For this build, if you don't even count the cost of the lathe and tooling (but just labor), making the heatsink is more work than building a laser. (put the parts in front of me, and it is easier to put together a laser, than to make the heatsink)

Do you make only 15 or 20 bucks for building a laser?

I've never seen your work, but I'm guessing that you make much more than that when you build a laser. Which is easier than making a heatsink like this one. (not even counting the cost of a lathe and tools and stuff)

No need to bash on what I charge man...

Last edited:
Nice jay :)

I'm glad these will still available to people since I don't have the time to do this stuff any more.
It would also be good to mention the threaded tripod mount that's built into this host. I think it's a really cool feature that goes good with the lasers.

jayrob

Thanks Moh...

Good point about the tripod mount. I'll mention that in the op...

DTR

What batteries i need to have 8.2V? (I mean Dual Batteries.)

This host is best used with a boost driver requiring on one cell. Your only other option that I can see is to get two 14500's and an AA spacer to use with the battery holder but they you are only taking advantage of the hosts heatsinking capability.

One single 32600 gives you 5000mAh of capacity. A 14500 will have at most 1000-1500mAh. That is quite a difference. Take for example you have dual flexes set to 1.8A drawing an average of 2.5A over the capacity cycle of the battery that is 2 hours between recharging. If you use a linear driver set to 1.8A with if you can actually find some 1500mAh 14500's that is about 49 minutes of runtime between recharging.;)

jayrob

What batteries i need to have 8.2V? (I mean Dual Batteries.)

One solution, is to use the stock battery holder, and 2 X 14500's with a dummy battery filling the third slot.

But depending on which linear driver you will be using, you may be able to use 3 X Li-Ion's...

Thats a good looking kit jay :cool:

Its hard to explain the time and effort thats involved in machining to someone whos never done it before... I've learned this from experience

It's also why I like your kits, very detail oriented and well put together and also very nicely machined ;)

Last edited:

jayrob

Thats a good looking kit jay :cool:

Its hard to explain the time and effort thats involved in machining to someone whos never done it before... I've learned this from experience

It's also why I like your kits, very detail oriented and well put together and also very nicely machined ;)

I appreciate those good words of yours...

:thanks: :beer:

Your Welcome :beer:

Thanks for making these sweet kits :)

Last edited: