Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Saik SA-305 Kit! With Options, Including a 32600 Li-Ion Battery...

jayrob

FS: Saik SA-305 Kit! With Options...

I'm offering the Saik SA-305 kit with some options available...

Saik%201.jpg

These are an awesome, 'fat and stubby' host with a massive heatsink and battery capacity. They also have a tripod mounting hole in the side. It will mount onto any normal tripod easily! :cool:

For a 445 build, you can get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR.

In that case, you will just connect your diode leads, to my driver leads... ('Hot' option kit)

I have machined the pill so that there is room to thermal glue your FlexDrive (or dual FlexDrives) onto the pill for good heatsinking to the entire host.

Since the pill threads into the host (bare metal threads), the contact is excellent. The entire host is the driver heatsink, if your driver is thermal glued to the pill...

Note: The pill will be machined as shown, and I will have the stock driver components removed from the board, and two lead wires soldered on and ready.

Of course you can also thermal glue your drivers directly to the back of the main heatsink if desired. There is plenty of room inside if you wanted to mount your drivers that way as well.

The stock battery holder, and all extra parts will be included...

Saik%202.jpg

Saik%203.jpg

For a boost driver, you can use 3 X AA sized NiMH's in series.

Or you can also modify the stock battery holder to run 3 X 14500 Li-Ions in parallel...

For an X-Drive buck driver, use 3 X 14500 cells. (in series - stock holder)

The basic kit will include:

* Host with aluminum heatsink fit for AixiZ (1.5mm Hex wrench not included - needed for the set screw)
* The pill will be machined as shown, and I will have the stock driver components removed from the board, and two lead wires soldered on and ready.

Saik Kit Pricing and options:

(If you buy the kit, and also a 405-G-1 together, I will polish the face of the heatsink for free if desired)

* Saik basic kit as described above :rolleyes: - $59
* Polish the face of the heatsink - $10 Not perfect like a piece of mirror - will be very nice and shiny (but you can still make out some very fine machine or sand marks if you look close enough)
* X-Boost (or X-Drive buck driver) 'Hot' option thermal glued to the top of the pill - $58 (let me know current setting - For X-Drive, I have 1.8, 2.1 and 2.4)
* Modify battery holder for parallel - $5
* AixiZ module - $5
* AixiZ 445 lens - $11
* 405-G-1 glass lens - $55
* 650-G-1 glass lens - $52
* Shipping will be 3% of total plus postage (PayPal fees plus postage) PM for total...
* Shipping Policy

This is a great host and kit!

Hope you like it! :)

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Nice!

If I have the time and money to build another laser soon I will probably go for a saik :)

jayrob

It's definitely a great host/heatsink set up...

One of the best.

I'm stocking a few 32600's specifically for this kit! :)

jayrob

Ok I can add that as an option...

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Because 1 driver cant supply enough current to run diodes at over 1.35 amps :)

jayrob

Yes one V5 FlexDrive can max out at 1.5 Amps or close to it...

But some are wanting to push the 445 diodes to 1.8 Amps. So setting up two FlexDrives in parallel @ 900mA's each, will give you about 1.8 Amps! :)

This set up is for a host that has a single Li-Ion supply. If you have 2 X Li-Ion's in series, then you can use a Jib driver or a FlexModP3 (if you have room), as shown in my Large Maglite Monster kit thread:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...exmodp3-side-button-forward-clicky-57278.html

Update:

New drivers available make this build versatile...

You can use an X-Drive boost driver with 3 X 14500 cells in the stock battery holder.

Or you can use a buck driver and 3 X AA sized NiMH cells too...

Last edited:

DTR

Great kit offering. These are very solid hosts. I have always had great luck building with these. No tight or tricky wiring, huge amount of mass and great battery options.:beer:

Last edited:
Ive built a few of these too DTR. By far my favorite laser I have ever built :) I love the huge battery capacity.

jayrob

How much would you sell just a HS for?

I would sell the aluminum heatsink fit for AixiZ with set screw (normal finish) for $38 bucks. (sorry, I cannot compete with what Moh was selling them for)

But I do offer other options with the kit... :)

Last edited:

LaZeRz

An extra 10-15 dollars really isnt that bad :) considering your going to have to splash out heaps more cash for the diode, drivers, lens, tripod, battery, host, wire/solder/heatshrink/flux, aixiz module, shipping and probably a few things more :p LOL, thats one large shopping list :D

jayrob

The 32600 Li-Ion from KD fits perfectly in this host! Edit: They went to a 32650 that does not fit now...

It's straight up gnarly... :cool:

Last edited: