Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: New Laser Kits

I've got new kits available today.

They were originally intended to be used with a rkcstr driver and 2x 14500 batteries, But space limitations put a stop to that plan.

So as of now they are only compatible with a Flex drive and 2xAA batteries.
The host is 5 and 3/4 inches long, and 3/4 inch in diameter. Has a clicky switch in the rear
The head of the host has raised edges, which allows your lens nut to be recessed into the host when it's screwed in all the way. This will provide some protection of bumps and falls.

This is a very simply build, Consisiting of mounting your flex drive directly to the diode standing up, and adding a spring to the + pad of the driver to make contact with the battery.

The heatsink itself is the negative contact point. I just ordered a flex drive so i'll have an assembly tutorial up in a couple of days.

The kit (host and heatsink): $25

Complete build (250mW red, or 100mW Blu-ray): $70

Attachments

• Kits.jpg
    Kits.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Kit1.jpg
    Kit1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

It appears to be 5 3/4 inches long, and 3/4 inch in diameter. I'm adding a new picture now to the first post for some size reference

Yeah these will work great with flex drives...but they just aren't going to work with the rkcstr :(

it just won't fit :(

One problem, is that the 14500 batteries are actually slightly longer than AA batteries.

And the top rim of the host has to lock down against the heatsink, just like the coleman host does. The problem is that the batteries naturally stick out of the end...and the heatsinks required length is too long...you wouldn't be able to screw the host together far enough to make contact with the heatisnk if you had 14500 batteries in.

It just barely fits with AA, luckily.

So i'm going to sell these off. $28 as kit or $75 as a completed build with flexdrive for use with 2xAA......and continue my search...

....I'll just have to keep searching. I'm wanting to find a nice host that would go well with my modules, but it's hard to find them in a good price range.

ANOTHER set back, if you look in the pictures and note where the set screw hole is at......
if these could be used with rkcstr driver it would of been no problem, but since flex drive builds don't use the back end of the module the set screw won't hit the module.
and i really don't want to send them back and have a second set screw put into place so i may take the back end of each module and slide the end off, to make a a hollow tube you screw on to the module...this way it will be longer and get locked down with the set screw.

i was thinking maybe then i can insulate the inside of the module with the spray electrical tape, to insulate the flex drive and spring from the heatsink.......so it may prove to be an "accidental" safety feature

Last edited:
hey matt...
i used a pop rivet and a washer with 2 nylon washers inbetween all glued to the end of a module. made the module length 35mm total. you think something like that would make it fit?

hey this may be a stupid question but here goes anyways... whats the difference between blue-ray and 250mw red laser? lol im retarted/new to this laser stuff

Will this ever be available with a pre-set flex drive like the old Pailide kits? Also, have you had any problems with these kits at all like the Pailides? I've been wanting to make a Youtube tutorial for a violet laser torch but I have had too many problems with the Pailides to make a tutorial from those, and these would make great kits for a video if you can supply them with a pre-set flexdrive. If you can do the flexdrive thing, you'll see an order from me sometime soon as long as there aren't any connection issues in the host.

There aren't any connection isues with these since i did away with those pills all together, the hand screws into the head and locks down against the heatsink, giving it a solid connection

The flex drive just sits right on top of the module, soldered directly to the diode, and is not actually connected to the host...
so the only way to include the flex drive is just send one in a baggy along with the kit, or send it as a completed build.

sending the bare kit with a preset flex drive would increase it by the cost of the drive ($51 total)