Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: minisabre v2 hosts+heatsink-dark smoke, silver, polished $20-$55 +build tutorial

Re: FS: minisabre v2 hosts + aluminum heatsinks - dark smoke, silver or polished $20-

Do they ship USPS? Or do they ship Fedex or UPS? Fedex and UPS can, its just USPS that cannot. Although....I did sell a couple of 18650's with a host and just stuck them in the host...felt kinda guilty but I sold them so I had to ship them.

They ship to me through USPS every time. Its about half the cost of UPS through them.

Re: FS: minisabre v2 hosts + aluminum heatsinks - dark smoke, silver or polished $20-

Also, are you going to be selling these with contact boards or are we going to have to make our own?

Yes I am including the battery contact board, stripped & pre-wired for your convenience :D I'm sorry if I didn't mention that in the OP but I most certainly will cover it in the tutorial I'll be adding to this post very soon :p

I'm trying to figure out how lighthound keeps sending me AW IMRs in nothing but a padded envelope and plastic baggy then.

Because lighthound is a business they are allowed to ship lithium cells under specific conditions with USPS. One of those few conditions is most likely 'must be shipped in secured casing prior to packaging' which is something they definitely do. Also they ship USPS priority everytime I've placed an order with them - but I've never ordered less than $40 worth of stuff so that could be why.

Styropyro and bobo99 you're packages are on the way!

:beer:

Last edited:

WHAT! Those polished hosts are AMAZING!

I'm trying to figure out how lighthound keeps sending me AW IMRs in nothing but a padded envelope and plastic baggy then.

The key is exportation. They are within the US so they can freely ship lithium cells anywhere inside the US without issue. I do it all the time as well. Its a different story when you try to export them to another country from within the US.

Last edited:

OP updated with a tutorial on how to make these, my apologies for taking so long folks!

Last edited:

IsaacT

REP TIME!!!! And reevaluation of fund priorities.

Nice write up on how to build one!! But 2.1A and only 2.1W ouch not very efficient.

Alright dane, It looks like I will have to be getting one of the polished ones. I can't help myself. I am ready to pay whenever.

Thanks folks! It's a relief to finally have posted all of that, meant to get it up there days ago.

Apex - I didn't leave my paypal address in the thread because I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, right now I'm placing orders via PM. Please let me know what you're interested in & I'll set something up with you :D

I'll take one Polished setup. I agree with not putting paypal addresses in the open forum. I am ready to pay whenever.

I'll take one Polished setup. I agree with not putting paypal addresses in the open forum. I am ready to pay whenever.

Just PM me when you're ready to confirm an order, that's how I'm doing this right now but if someone reads this & thinks 'dude you should just post ur paypal address' then please speak up & tell me why that'd be ok :D Right now I'm new to this, just trying to do everything as correctly & conveniently as possible.

Last edited:
Great job man, I just read your post & commented. I'm glad the tutorial helped, your pics are fantastic:D

Just finished building a 520nm laser using this host: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/520nm-green-laser-diode-handheld-build-82444.html#post1185351

I am a big fan of the minisabre v2! It's a bit difficult to work with due to the small size, but the tutorial guided me through the build without problems.

Ok, that's the last straw...

I now HAVE to move my PL520 into my Polished Minisabre :p

Mine came in the mail the other day. I must say its the most showy host I have. The original unpolished version would have been great but now that its polished up its just on a different level of amazing. My roommate is a professional Warhammer painter so I have to have him paint in some grooves for some additional highlight on the shine, I'm undecided on a color though. I may also ask Flaminpyro to add tritium vials in the head for some extra epic.

Also, I wanted to add a small bit to the assembly. I found that its easier to prevent the heatsink from rotating separate from the driver when I threaded the pill onto the host body and tightened it down and then threaded on the head over the heatsink and pill. That way I also didn't need to rely on torquing the of hacksaw blade tool in order to tighten down the pill into the head. I do find the blade tool essential in disassembly however. I also found that the body was sufficiently long to add a spring onto the contact board even with a blank 14500 and a protected TrustFire.

Last edited: