Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Micro Chrome Build Kit! FlexDrive 'Hot' option

Even though I had to have a very good friend of mine, (DREW) do the assembly for me, (my hands shake too much for such fine work), drew did a FANTASTIC job for me, & I just LOVE my MINI CHROME BUILD. Thanks jay & to you also drew, you guys are the BEST..................rob

another micro chrome kit

Jay: :bowdown:

Sent you $51 for another micro chrome basic kit. Now I know how to do it. :crackup: Got to make a red with an open can red.
Should get at least 300mw with your lens mod. :eg:

John :):):)

jayrob

Sent you $51 for another micro chrome basic kit. Now I know how to do it. :crackup: Got to make a red with an open can red.

You just have to have a matching red to go with your blu-ray huh?

I don't blame you! :)

I will have your basic Micro Chrome Kit in Monday's mail...

wtfman911, same goes for your Micro Chrome Kit with 'Hot' option. (set at 130mA's - blu-ray test load)

Hope to see some more pictures!

:thanks:
Jay

Last edited:

Eku

What 10440 battery are you using link me please the ones I found were around 300ma sadly.
If you used a ultrafire from what I found you would have 15 minutes of battery life.

jayrob

Actually, with a FlexDrive, you will be fine with a red as well as a blu-ray.

Although you won't be setting your blu-ray as high, (current)

...the FlexDrive won't have to draw extra current in order to boost voltage for a red diode, like it does for a blu-ray. Since the red diode only takes around 2 volts, and the blu-ray takes around 5 volts.

You can test current draw by putting your DMM probes from the negative end of the battery, to the host.

I did some current draw tests on 10280 batteries with blu-ray vs red using FlexDrives on my Key Chain builds...

See here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?p=475354#136
Jay

Last edited:

Eku

Interesting it draws less current then the test load saying with red but more with blueray.

Looks like a 6x in this build at 200mw with 405-gi lens have a tad over 30 minutes at full power in this build.

Last edited:

jayrob

On my 10280 (200mAh) Key chain 6X build, I figure about 30 minutes or so...

But the 10440 is almost twice as long. I would hope it has at least twice the capacity if not more.

A FlexDrive/blu-ray/single battery build is interesting... when the battery begins to drop in voltage, it will need to draw even more current to 'boost' to the approximate 5 volts needed by the diode.

So the current draw will increase as the battery drains.

But these lithium batteries are impressive. The rule of thumb is a 1C max. charge rate, and a 2C discharge. (I believe) So if it is a 600mAh battery, you would want to keep it to 1.2 amps current draw. But a 1C draw, will be much better for the battery!

But I tested a green module with a tiny 10180 (90mAh), and it ran that thing, even though it took over 400mA's current draw!
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

My key chain 6X?

I always recharge it before it ever runs all the way down, but I am guessing about 30 minutes.

I have it set at 183mA's. It is a 'freak' 6X diode that gives me 268mW's at that current! :) (405-G-1 glass lens)

I chose the highest efficiency diode I could find for this key chain build, because of the 10280 battery...
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Hey if you have my 405-G-1 glass lens mod with this build in a 6X or an 8X, you may be interested in this... (phoenix77 asked me if I could make one for the Micro Chrome) Good idea Rob!

I've got a Micro Chrome EzFocus Adapter now! :)

MCEz1.jpg

MCEz3.jpg

These are $20 dollars plus shipping...

phoenix77, I am shipping yours tomorrow...

Let me know how it works out!
Jay

Last edited:

Eku

Now you need to make a 10x beam expander adaptor! :p

jayrob

I believe a Meredith module would slide right in there! It is about the same diameter as the sleeve that I make for the AixiZ...

But now I have not tried the build with a Meredith module, so I do not know how the length will work out...

It is very tight on space, and I know that a Meredith is longer than the 'business end' of an AixiZ.

Note: I have a Meredith Glass lens modification fit for AixiZ:
FS: Meredith Glass Lenses Fit For AixiZ! +20% Red! - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers
Jay