Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Micro Chrome Build Kit! FlexDrive 'Hot' option

jayrob

Sure thing, just let me know...

cust11, I sent your Micro Chrome basic kit and other items today. (Monday)

There are some good tips in my included instruction sheet. You can also use the 1st post in this thread as a 'picture tutorial'.

Hope your build goes well! :)
Jay

jayrob

Jesse, I sent your Micro Chrome basic kit (and other items) Friday...

Let me know how you like it!
Jay

cust11

This kit is very well designed! I would not recommend it for a beginner though! As jayrob said.. this is a very small build and there is very little room. This is just what I was looking for!

-Mike

Jay, the E Z Focus adapter that you made for my MICRO CHROME BUILD works VERY WELL. It is a MUST to have for E Z focusing of this tiny build. Without it the 6X diode was burning my finger tips while focusing. Now, well the problem has been solved in an admirable fashion that only enhances the beauty of this little gem. The focusing ring does NOT detract from the overall look of the laser at all. Great design & well made as per your usual attention to detail & quality. Thanks so much for EVERYTHING Jay. This little beaut is the crown jewel of my BLU-RAY LASERS...............rob

jayrob

Great to see good feedback guys! :)

Thanks for posting back...
:thanks:
Jay

You make it easy Jay, you're builds are the "Cat's Ass", so all WE have to do is tell the TRUTH.................rob

jayrob

TheGreatGerg, I sent your Micro Chrome 'Hot' option kit (and other items) today. (Thursday)

Set at 120mA's per your request...

Thanks!

TheGreatGreg is SO gonna LOVE that little gem, jayrob. Mine is STILL the finest little BR that I own, thanks to you.
@TheGreatGreg. I hope you know that you've just purchased the BEST little BR laser out there, IMO. rob PS Get an EZFocus Adapter or you're gonna have roasted fingertips. HA HA HA

jayrob

Thanks Rob! :) Glad you like it...

cmak, your Micro Chrome 'Hot' option kit is shipping (to the specified address) today. (Friday)

'Hot' option set to 190mA's per our conversation, 405-G-1, and EzFocus included in the package...

Hope your build goes well!

cmak

I am jizz-in-my-pants happy and excited to FINALLY be getting this sweet kit (packed with an EZF, 6X@190, 405G1) in the coming week (maybe a bit later)!

DX has recently entered an entirely new level of stupid... they MAILED a backorder note. but thanks to Jay's constant support/updates I was able to make the wait and now it's finally arriving soon

peace & thanks-a-billion
-cmak

EDIT: I must say this one more time... THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY!!!

Last edited:

jayrob

cmak, was the kit everything you hoped for?

kingdave2357, I sent your Micro Chrome kit today. (Saturday)

Hope you like it!

cmak

it was awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping, j***-in-my-pants awesome. In other words, I really liked it; however there were two problems, the first of which I fixed by modifying the protected 10440's to get them to fit inside (thanks Ken :yh:), and the second of which is currently being fixed by Dave (I was twisting the EZFocus Adapter and it just stopped lasing... I sent it back the same day). Dave I hope you don't mind me mentioning your name, and it truly is an excellent laser with terrific assembly :wave:

despite the delays and this latest issue, I still couldn't be happier with this build. Lookin forward to my SS10440 LOC sometime soon!

peace & :thanks:
-cmak

jayrob

Not sure why it stopped lasing when you were focusing it, but with this tiny build, it needs a small tipped dual prong, (like a 'bent nosed' pair of tweezers), to reach in and get the pill tight on the final assembly...

Otherwise, the module could 'twist' on you. And you can't let that happen!

Not sure this is what happened, but obviously you can't let the module twist, because the wires would twist. Plus, the heatsinking would not be as good if the pill was not tightly against the module/sleeve...

I'm sure Dave knows that though, so hopefully it's just a connection issue with the 'thicker' battery getting stuck inside the tube, and not getting a good connection.

I don't like those new protected 10440's. They are too thick, and also too long for most AAA hosts...

You know the "Host" link sends you to a Stainless Steel host, right? You list this as Chrome-plated brass.