Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FS: Micro Chrome Build Kit! FlexDrive 'Hot' option

will this fit a LM317 chip that has the metal thingy cut off and a resistor?
Its a mimi LM317 driver. Please reply ASAP!!

It's way too small of a host for that...

Plus, you need two Li-Ion batteries for a linear driver...

But you can use a single battery for rhd's new linear driver for a 653 build. But still, a 10440 will not be much capacity to use at 1 Amp. (his driver is 1 Amp) In fact, a 10440 may not even handle that much output... (not sure)

Nice job, this build is great! I would like to get the full upgraded package...does this mean that I can adjust the output of the laser? Or is the driver "fixed" at potential?

Nice job, this build is great! I would like to get the full upgraded package...does this mean that I can adjust the output of the laser? Or is the driver "fixed" at potential?

You can set your driver how ever you would like, but in a small build with just a single 10440 battery, I would keep it at about 700mA's max. (IMO)

That said, unfortunately I don't have these hosts on hand any longer. If you find a source, then I can set you up with a kit...

Send me a PM! :beer:

Hey jayrob! Your build kits look great, would this one be easy for a person who’s never built a laser? And does it include everything I need to build a laser? (Not the the diode)

Also, where do I get the 405 diode for this build?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey jayrob! Your build kits look great, would this one be easy for a person who’s never built a laser? And does it include everything I need to build a laser? (Not the the diode)

Also, where do I get the 405 diode for this build?

Thanks.

Hi,
I would suggest that you PM him about your requests he doesn't frequent the forum much. His last post here was 7 years ago.This is a very old thread so PM him .
Rich:)

Yeah I've been mostly out of the hobby lately but still answer questions and PM's.

I just do the Mag kits these days and also my Mag flashlight mods. I'll get back to your PM thanks!

Hi Jay,
Nice to see you here once in a while, mag Light mods are great for high power builds.. 2x26650 or 2x32650's is a nice option for a power supply.
Rich:)

Yeah I just got so busy at work the past few years. But actually I'm on minimal stuff that I'm doing from home for the past couple of weeks and maybe a couple weeks more with the shelter in place recommendation.

Man I have a ton of lasers that I built in the day, that are new! Just sit on the shelf and in cases.

My joy was in the build. Never really used any!

Yeah I just got so busy at work the past few years. But actually I'm on minimal stuff that I'm doing from home for the past couple of weeks and maybe a couple weeks more with the shelter in place recommendation.

Man I have a ton of lasers that I built in the day, that are new! Just sit on the shelf and in cases.

My joy was in the build. Never really used any!

Hi Jay,
I am the same way I love building for myself when time permits, Not enough hours in a day.. I also have many lasers in cases some new ns some with minimal use. Its the tooling and mills. coating machine, Band saw ETC... thats costly.
Don't be a stranger , pop in a few minutes once in a while, I'm sure folks here would enjoy the chats on any subject.
Rich:)B4622BF4-3EB9-45D0-BA8E-BA1EFA6AE44D_1_105_c.jpeg

Back