Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Micro Chrome Build Kit! FlexDrive 'Hot' option

yeah i was talking about the GGW. I just got my order in through jake21 to get a hold of a GGW-H20L sled. I plan to start collecting parts to make my own 6x in this host.

one other question; these run at the same voltage as the PHR (3.6v) or no?

jayrob

Yes, the GGW 6X diode runs at about the same voltage as a PHR...

Around 5 volts. This 'Micro Chrome' build uses the popular FlexDrive which will boost the voltage from a single 3.6 volt (4.2 at full charge) rechargeable 10440 battery to the needed voltage.

This build is smaller and 'tighter' than the pictures show. But it is very rewarding, because it is an awesome little host! :D
Jay

Awesome. I'm excited, from what I can see this little guy has a kick-ass look and feel to it. Oh and when it comes time to order my parts, is it possible to order the V4 FlexDrive from you set at 185-6mA? Since you live so close to me I get packages from you in about a day compared to week or more. That and I will have to order the heatsink sleeve from you anyway. And if you have any more left, I wouldn't mind buying an unopened host off you instead of waiting for DX.

jayrob

I have the hosts and other parts on hand. I don't sell the diodes though...

Look at the first post in this thread for options. There is an option for the FlexDrive installed and current pre-set. Yes, I can set it at 185mA's with a blu-ray test load. If you pay an extra $5 bucks for an AixiZ module, then I can glue the custom sleeve on the module for you if you want. (thermal adhesive) :)
Jay

jayrob

Got you covered...

I am sending your Micro Chrome parts and other items today! (Friday)

Phoenix77, same goes for your Micro Chrome Kit with 'Hot' option. (and other items)

I have the current set at 190mA's per our discussion.

Hope your builds go well! :) These are probably smaller than you think!

Please post back and let me know how it goes...
Jay

got my stuff today jay, thanks for the prompt shipping. man you were right, this host is smaller than it looks! but its awesome, really sturdy/heavy feel to it and the tiny rear clicky is sweet! im pumped to get my diode and put it all together.

My mini chrome

Hey Jay:

Look at my sweety done with your mini chrome kit, one of your lens mods, and a AW-210 Diode from Susie.

A sweet 224mw of violet in my smallest host so far.:drool:

L1080988L10

80979.JPG.JPG

John :fightin:

Attachments

• L1080988.JPG
    L1080988.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
  • L1080979.JPG
    L1080979.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 262

jayrob

Great job John! :gj:

It's a sweet little host isn't it? Nice pictures with the quarter for size reference.... (try editing them to 640 X 480)
Jay

Last edited:
That is totally shweet Jayrob! Like I said before, I got to come over to your house. ;-)

hey jay,

I like your work, I am new to the laser stuff, but wanted to buy one of these kits off you. I actually already have this flashlight, which I'm guessing its the host. I wanted to know what I would be purchasing and what is necessary for me to fully assemble this sexy laser.

thanks

jayrob

Hi, the first post shows detailed pictures of the assembly...

This would be a difficult build for a 'first build', but could be done. The hardest part is installing the driver and setting the current properly.

That's why I offer a 'Hot' option, which includes the driver installed and current set.

You would still have to be able to harvest a diode and press it into an AixiZ module. Then solder to the pins and complete the assembly.

Here is a good tutorial on diode harvest and pressing it into an AixiZ module:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=36852

PM me if you want a kit! Or if you want to send my yours...
Jay

Jay, got my chrome micro today from a friend who finished the build for me, & all I can say is WOW 257 AVG.-263 PEAK & that's with a not fully charged 10440 battery. Should be a bit higher with a FULL charge. Thanks for the nice build kit & hot option, I'm as impressed as I knew I'd be. Thanks again, it's simply amazing what this puts out....rob

jayrob

Nice Rob!

Heavy for how tiny it is huh?

Thanks for posting back with those details of the power and stuff! :)
Jay

simply breathtaking... even more so than hotpockets... lol

awsome job Jman, cant wait to buy one. your prices are the shiznit too man!

Dark