Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS:Machined Aluminum Hosts

Jaseth

Are you having problems with your Paypal Mohrenberg? I have attempted to pay twice now but I get a message saying that your account is not "Eligible to receive payment" :S

no, my paypal is fine......maybe try it all lowercase? not sure if that matters...

Jaseth

I just attempted again.. And now it says that my account is not verified for transactions exceeding $1000 :S I only tried to send $70 so I have no idea why it is freaking out.
Damn, I really want these hosts! I will try again tomorrow, hope you still have 2 left then!

Hey ..

Im using a standard 50mw o-like module.. I had to sand/grind the inside a bit to fit it, but it works just fine, I'll take another host off your hands Mohrenberg...

Last edited:
arenard, i will let eb know about that and have him sand them down a bit to fit better on the next batch..
Right now i am trying my (with almost no luck) to find reatining rings with threads to use to lock these switch down.

I thought and presented the idea of just drilling an 11mm hole (same size as switch) and press fitting it into the tail cap. machinist thought that was a bad idea....but i don't think he qwuite understood what i was talking about....i'm going to try to explain it better to him next time.

Jaseth, if you want give me your e-mail and i will send you an invoice...maybe that will work.

Boosted - Yours were sent in the mail this morning....i had to change the city and zip in order for it to let me print your label....lol...i map quested both though, they seem to be the same place.....strange.

----

i was going to order the o-rings and switches today but bestofferbuy's "weight" fr the switches is completely wrong and they were going to charge me $60 for EMS shipping....i sent them a message to fix it so hopefully i can order them tomorrow.

Last edited:
Mohrenberg , I am going to get another one from you.. i hope it fits a cni pen module. .
Can you please hold one for me until friday ?

also about the switch , what i found out is that the connection from the switch to the host was the culprit , it a bit loose and didn't make a full connection and so didnt provide the positive part of the loop , a little bit of tweaking got it working without a hitch..

Some pics of my build , for others to see it in green. . i took the aperture from a broken pen and attached it to the front...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I've got 5 left (2 reserved).
I ordered more switches and some green, red, blue, and black o-rings EMS for the new design..

I am "hoping" to go out to the machine shop and see if i can get him to turn one out with the new design....

I am also going to try to work out the switch problem by having him just drill an 11mm hole for it to sit into.....
he doesn't like this idea cause then it could potentially pop out, but if the hole is drilled to the correct sit it will press fit in just fine i think.....and the two tabs on the side of the switch would never lose contact.....

Well i wont be needing that other host afterall , the 125mw module i just got from another member , that he got from another member after he was originally sent the wrong item, ended up being TEM01/03 nowhere near 125mw, and dimmed out to almost nothing ... so its useless to me..

Last edited:
hey Moh,
maybe you can make the new host shiny like this:

sku_11133_1.jpg

I really like the long smooth head, and the thinner center.
would be killer if you can pop in the o rings in there 8)

Jaseth

Apparently I have reached my limit for this month and my credit card is not verified so I can only make transactions through google checkout if you have that.

And Primary.. I don't see the point in him making that design since it is already sold by dark_horse http://darkhorsecustom.com/kits/sliver-kit
Only thing.. there seem to be problems with the host.

that's true, the point of making a custom host is to have them different from the existing ones.

but maybe mohrenberg can find a way to combine many attractive designs into one, that'd be awesome

Jaseth

Yes I do really like the sliver host design and it would be awesome to one day have a custom host with more or less that design.. but for now I think Mohrenberg should focus on one request at a time, and the current idea of o-ring cuts along the body and a finned head with thinner fins the same diameter as the body is pretty sweet.

yeah i will probably make up a little something for me to polish the hosts myself....

polishing takes a some time and i don't want to pay the machinist $50 an hour to do what i am capable of doing myself for free.

all i need is a motor, a way to mount the host on the motor, some wd-40 and some very fine grain sand paper.