Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Host + Heatsink $15

Toke

haha yeah. My hands are stained with grease and sovered in little nicks and calluses. Then i go to work where everyone else has soft pretty hands.

You remind me of one time in Benin where we had gone down on the container terminal to help the locals with their toplifters. (big vehicles lifting containers around)

At the office one of the flunkies (white) looked demonstratively DOWN at us, the chief engineer, first engineer, and me, the electrician.

It was a very strange experience, the flunkie were apparently unaware of the amount of education and experience hiding behind the dirty overalls.
Or less generously, he did not care.

Yeah whether it's getting dirty in the basement or shoving a tube down someone's throat, my hands serve me well. I enjoy the huge difference in hobbies.

i haven't heard from tripyamine on his reserved 4. If he doesn't respond by the time i get everyone's shipped off i'm taking them back. Once i take care of everyone in this batch and those i promised to hold for, i'll prob be raising the price to $20

Matt:

Do You think You will be able to ship the orders out on Tuesday? Enjoy Your weekend, and please write some more rambling posts as they are a good read.:whistle:

DTR

Even at $20 I don't think you will have any problems selling them as it looks to be a solid host with a custom made heatsink. Where else are you going to find that deal?;)

They should definitely all be shipped by tuesday.
Right now it's slow because work keeps interrupting me. I work every friday at 8am, straight through till monday at 8am.
i have to stay at work from 8-4, and get to go home, but we've been having a lot of transfers lately, so i didn't get back in town till 3am last night.

I've got about 10 completely finished, the last of them will go by pretty quick...pretty much just shaping the heat sinks to size. I'm about to head home right now (4pm) and work on them some more. with a lot of luck i can finish the heatsinks tonight and get everything packaged.

Sounds good Matt are You using a just a Lathe or do your have other metal working machines? I would love to have a Bridgeport Mill, and a Mini Lathe. Of Course a 5 axis CNC would be bad ass as well like say a used Mori-seiki.

Just my lathe and a hack saw lol
My set screws are done with a vice, electric drill and and the threads are hand turns with the chuck.

I tried to get some work done today....but the world wouldn't let me. Seems I would get on the lathe for ten minutes and get toned out. On the plus side, i did get to stop a heart today...kind of. pulse rate of 205/min. they got 6 of adenocard to reset the electrical activity in their heart. It's so awesome to watch on a cardiac monitor.

Last edited:
Patient A Ok now? How much work on the hosts do you have left to finish? I've been lazy today, and I think I'll start looking for another job next week.

about the same as before, i only managed to get two more sinks done with all the chaos today.
I've got to finish up your lab and i can get yours off, along with silvers, DTR, and cd520

Paid, sorry I was away for the last few days ive been doing uni shizz.. and have only had my phone which cant reply

i got 7 more finished and ready to ship. Will update list when i get home. I'm on stand-by at a redneck tractor pull. I've never witnessed so many morons in one place.

seriously who plays the anthem and holds their hand to their chest while wearing a confederate flag shirt? Stupidity amazes me, i hope a tractor rolls on top of these people.

If that happens You'll certainly have plenty of work to do! Nothing Like down home Americans showing there intelligence to the world.:whistle:

All kidding aside it takes all kinds to make this funny world go round and round