Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: G1 S3 Spyder Arctic Edition

Maybe I should put mine up for sale if you think you're going to get that much for a stock G1. My G1 has a flex v5, 445mn AixiZ glass lens, and a A140 diode pushing 1.1W of real power.

But yours doesn't come with a *cough* "safety lens" that drops the output power by 100mW to "safe" levels, or awesome safety goggles which are equally as protective.

I just think these ebay prices show the penetration of the first successful mass marketing of a high power laser. The countless news reports, many magazines, websites reviewed this, and even people that hate them cant stop talking about them. It is a nice host that doesnt look like a flashlight or pen.. so it actually looks special or different or cool like a light saber. (The original picture with the white snow mist on it looks really cool, i think it almost looks better then the real color black. I was kind of disappointed that it wasnt an option). Most people will search for that name and not take the time or 'trust' a hobbiest or some other company to purchase from. And everyone knows how people can get excited when something new comes out, (even if it just new to them) they just got to have it, or get it for someone..it's exciting...that's the arctic phenomenon. So the market says the value on these..on lpf is not as competitive for these but notice there are always replies on arctics for sale, but on ebay or other non laser sites they go for higher, partly they dont know better and partly they dont even care exactly how much the power spec is off by 300mw or so, it still is a powerful laser that is dangerous. So to me it's not surprising to have these inflated prices at least for awhile.

oh and
TJ how much extra did it cost you to make your modifications? and did you have to take apart the host or scratch it?

Last edited:
I just think these ebay prices show the penetration of the first successful mass marketing of a high power laser. The countless news reports, many magazines, websites reviewed this, and even people that hate them cant stop talking about them. It is a nice host that doesnt look like a flashlight or pen.. so it actually looks special or different or cool like a light saber. (The original picture with the white snow mist on it looks really cool, i think it almost looks better then the real color black. I was kind of disappointed that it wasnt an option). Most people will search for that name and not take the time or 'trust' a hobbiest or some other company to purchase from. And everyone knows how people can get excited when something new comes out, (even if it just new to them) they just got to have it, or get it for someone..it's exciting...that's the arctic phenomenon. So the market says the value on these..on lpf is not as competitive for these but notice there are always replies on arctics for sale, but on ebay or other non laser sites they go for higher, partly they dont know better and partly they dont even care exactly how much the power spec is off by 300mw or so, it still is a powerful laser that is dangerous. So to me it's not surprising to have these inflated prices at least for awhile.

oh and
TJ how much extra did it cost you to make your modifications? and did you have to take apart the host or scratch it?

Just to chime in to help out, rather than take the piss.

As far as I'm aware, the only place where you can no longer buy an Arctic is the USA right? I think I recall reading about their import control people barring WL (open to correction of course :) )

So potential customers from there would be the only ones who could possibly be tempted to pay such a premium for a second hand Arctic.

Everyone else can just purchase one brand new with all the warranty and other options like refunds if not satisfied etc... directly from WL.

If I were you, I'd just be satisfied with getting some or most of the money back that I'd originally paid for it, or better yet, keep it as a spare for parts, or an upgrade project.

There's always that rule, assuming said item is freely available elsewhere, as the Arctic is to most, that second hand items in A1 perfect condition, barely used = about 60% of total brand new price; based on the premise that a second hand seller is not the same as a proper retail outlet, and can't offer the same sort of value-adding features as assured delivery, and warranty.

You even explicitly state that you "hold NO responsibility for customs seizing this laser in transit".

Best of luck to you, but I seriously doubt it'll gather anything but very surprised reactions from anyone here, at least at that price.

Somewhere around the $200, is more realistic.

On Ebay? Who knows. Imo, chances are you'd just end up paying for listing it, without a sale.

The likelihood of happening to put this for sale at the same time a totally uninformed buyer who's not even bright enough to google "S3 Arctic" before putting in such a high bid is extremely optimistic, I think.

All the best :)

Last edited:

I have $265 total into it. No you dont have to take it apart, or scratch it. You have to gut the inside of the laser. I wanted a G1 so there was no safety switch, but you lose the battery indicator because it so deep tucked inside you cant work with it. I'm also working on a focus ring, so you can adjust the lens from the cap. So add in another $20.

As far as I know I have the most powerful Arctic out there. But I might double the drivers to bring it up to ~1.8Ws. :eg:

If somebody can provide instructions for nice disassembly of G2, I'd make it ~1.5W too, I've got a lot of LM3410X material, two in parralel each of 800mA sounds pretty damn good.

Anybody knows how to take that apart, without damaging anything?

Real helpful, thanks.

On a more serious note, didn't Dave take apart few G2s? I'mma PM him if so.

I'd give you details but I dont help people who try to get me secretly banned.

BTW Dave is on vacation, so you'll have to wait a little longer.

Man, you're the one to speak, first asking to ban yourself (joke as it is), then when it happens you come back as another account with name "Burning fart" in latin, which is a slap to Avery's face and his TOS, then you request a poll asking to get your old banned account unbaned (within what, 2 months of original banning)?
Which is a second slap to Avery's face and TOS, this time on other cheek.

Seriously, if you don't have anything smart to say, then don't say anything. "Use thermite on your Arctic" Yeah sure, perfectly reasonable advice.
It would be a good joke if it weren't the only single sentence in your post.

LMAO You obviously have no clue of whats going on around you.

I'm not mad anymore. I just find it ironic that I'm not good enough to be on the same forum you are, but when you need something I'm your best friend. I couldnt believe the balls you had writing that PM to me asking me to help you with the Arctic you got for free.

You're funny dude. :crackup:

In this thread in particular, did I asked for *your* help in specific? No?
Did you had anything smart to say? No?
Did you post? No? Then it's all great... Oh wait, you had to post.

PM was properly ignored and it was indeed fair and straight as I specifically said you can ignore it.

But you're kind of ruining this thread here.

And no you're not my best friend. You're not even close to being an "aquaitance" (spelling).

In this thread in particular, did I asked for *your* help in specific? No?

Besides Dave, I have the only modified Arctic on the planet. And you know it, LMAO. I know who your earlier question was directed at.

You need to work on the other side of your 2 faces. Its not working.

Last edited:
Beside Dave, I have the only modified Arctic on the planet. And you know it, LMAO. I know who your earlier question was directed at.
So it's waiting for Dave to get back to vacation. I didn't know this. I would assume more people here would try to take apart some Arctics. As I have seen people do that.
You need to work on the other side of your 2 faces. Its not working.
I don't know what that means.
Presumably, implying that I'm two faced.

Okay, attention everybody.

Everybody who thinks I'm in any way a bad person or/and that I am in any way two faced at all, or if for any reason you just don't like me - please throw a negative reputation now freely.

Let's see how many can I get.