Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS/FT REKE 500RGB RGB Laser Projector w/DAC

Hey guys!! Been a while since ive been around here. I had some health issues that kept popping up and ruining my hobbies!!!!

Anyway, I have a REKE 500 RGB in practically mint condition. Better actually, explained below.

It was purchased through Hakzaw1 here on LPF a while back (6 months maybe)

The green was a little weak so Hak sent me a complete replacement module for the green. It has been installed and all optics have been focused, aligned etc. to a far better spec than factory. The galvo amps have been properly tuned. It is now probably the best Reke 500 out there.

I will also include an iShow 2.3 USB ILDA interface and software.

iShow is not the greatest software, but the DAC is great and it works with Spagetti as well. iShow is perfectly useable however, once you learn to use it, and its not all that bad to learn IMHO. However, it will only run on 32bit systems i.e. WinXP x86, Win7 x86 etc. the USB DAC driver does not work on 64bit systems. It also works in a virtual machine running on a 64bit system. The software is a great way to get your feet wet learning how to produce a show, and I managed to do some pretty amazing stuff with iShow, despite.

I will also include all cables, power, ILDA, USB, that are needed to get it running.

Here is a video just shot a few days ago. The cam doesnt pick up all colors well, but they all show and blend well. The music is one of youtubes stock "free" songs!!

Reke500 - YouTube

I am asking $290 shipped US only. Payable via Google Checkout only. I have used Google checkout for all my sales here and all were very happy customers!!!

Please ask any question you may have.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130122_012820.jpg
    IMG_20130122_012820.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 448

very tempting. this is just the setup I need to get started. it shouldn't last long at this price.

If it wasn't for the skylaser group buy this would be MINE! I'm a little bit sad about that. Maybe another time.

Awesome price for an upgraded REKE by the way. Someone is going to be very happy.

I am surprized that this great deal lasted even this long-
I have no need for it and BUT it were still here I WOULD BE ROLLING ALL MY DIMES AND QUARTERS TO SEE IF I HAD ENOUGH-

iF this buyer backs down I will def take this super deal-

and if the buyer wants some REAL pro SW contact me for the best deal on Pangolin QS FB 3-- no one beats my USA price!! forget I show- no comparison to QS

SOLD!!

Hey, I apologize Hak!! If I would have known you would have wanted it back, it would have been yours. You know this was a good deal, as you even said it was one of the better REKE500's you had seen, especially since its been loved on a bit by the both of us.

Hak is right about QS, but iShow, or ********* with the iShow DAC will get you started on a budget.

Sputnik77 ----- You said you would sell it to me, i'm just waiting on your paypal address so I can get the funds to you and you can get this laser to me.... Whats up?

He hasn't been on since Friday. Give it a few days before you start to freak out.
Anyways, it looks like he already sold it to pschlosser.
Better luck next time :/

Poopy stinker. The package arrived, today, just an hour ago.

Sadly, something is wrong with the Reke. I suspect something happened to it in transit. It was packed pretty decently. It appears there is little or no movement along the projected x-axis. I am working on getting a video uploaded to YouTube so I can post it here.

I and my kids (lab assistants) are really bummed. :(

When I power it on, it appears (lacking experience with it) to run through some patterns immediately upon power up. But, the bulk of the image appears as a vertical line (of varying, yet pretty colors). Stay tuned.

BTW, does this warrant a new thread? Is this more of a PL thing?

ARG

Poopy stinker. The package arrived, today, just an hour ago.

Sadly, something is wrong with the Reke. I suspect something happened to it in transit. It was packed pretty decently. It appears there is little or no movement along the projected x-axis. I am working on getting a video uploaded to YouTube so I can post it here.

I and my kids (lab assistants) are really bummed. :(

When I power it on, it appears (lacking experience with it) to run through some patterns immediately upon power up. But, the bulk of the image appears as a vertical line (of varying, yet pretty colors). Stay tuned.

BTW, does this warrant a new thread? Is this more of a PL thing?

Drop me a PM if you need more help, I know those things inside and out. Can you take a video of it on with the case off in operation? (be careful not to touch the galvo mirrors) That would help more in the diagnosis.

PL probably wouldn't help much with this, these REKE's are toys to them, they usually play with the more serious projectors. The REKE's are more of an LPF thing for those who want to get started in the projector area of lasers.

@pschlosser - Did you also happen to pickup the Ishow & USB ILDA?

Yes, also included in the package was a power cable (not shown), a CD-R, the DAC and some cables. I've not had a chance to infect my computer with what's on the disk, though.

(forum note: is it possible to both attach a photo AND include it in the body of a post?)

Edit 01: If I gently place my finger (a real no-no, btw) on the y-axis scanner, as it's operating, I can feel movement. When I place my finger on the x-axis scanner, no movement is felt. These things appear to be moving pretty slowly (compared to 30K ones). Anyone have a notion for what these are rated at?

Attachments

• IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 393
Last edited: