Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Feilong 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion Batteries

jayrob

FS: 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion Batteries

I've tried many different 32650 cells...

The Feilong brand pictured below are the best I've seen...

Mag%20XM-L%20T6%2036.jpg

To stock them and have them on hand, I have to pay for DHL shipping. So I need to sell them for $24 per battery. Just send me a PM! :)

But if your in the U.S., then you could have them quickly from me.

The length is 66.5mm (normal D is 60.5mm)
The diameter is 32.5mm (normal D is 33mm)

2 of these can fit a 2D mag with just a spring mod for the tail cap! :) (really easy)

These chargers will fit them:

Xtar VC4
WF-188
Trustfire TR-008

If you want one from me - $29 (availability)

Here's a quote from a CPF member who tested these cells: :D

Colonel Sanders said:
Jay, you'll be pleased to know that these cells have not only passed my tests, they've far surpassed my best hopes. I'm going to start a thread in the battery section over at the mother site but I'll at least give a quick summary here. I'll also post a link here when that thread goes up for those who want the nitty gritty details. Here are the discharge data summary...

Discharge rate/Mah
2 amp = 5580
4 amp = 5559
5 amp = 5501
10 amp = 5384!

These cells hold up under load like nothing else I've tested. They very easily bested a brand new MNKE IMR26650 which made 3784Mah at 10a draw. The Feilong ran much cooler, longer, and suffered from far less voltage sag overall. That's saying something as the now discontinued MNKE IMR26650 cells are excellent. That's a difference of over 42% Mah at a 10a load in favor of the Feilong cell and that's not counting the lessened voltage sag which means the difference in actually energy supplied is even greater. :cool:

... P.S. I will be ordering more of these cells. I have several 26650s which are about to get replaced in my D Mags.

Man are these some awesome cells.:bowdown: I can't believe I haven't heard more about them. :confused:

Testing, current draw, review thread:
Feilong Li-Ion 32650 cells TESTED!

Here's a couple of quotes on the quality of these batteries from a couple of well respected builders: :D

Thats a Great Price Jay.!

Getting these takes forever coming from overseas.! I just hate that.!

Good to know they are available now in the US.

I also have used a few different cells in this size and i have found that these are the best too. Iam using them in my tri Mag build and they are perfect.

🍺

The Feilong batteries are the best cells I have used in the D size range. There are the cheaper 32600's which carry a lower capacity and don't discharge anywhere close to what the Feilong is capable of but if it is just a laser that may draw up to 3A they are fine but for higher draw like from the PT-54's I would go with the Feilong batteries for sure.🍺

These are great for my 1000 Lumen XM-L Mag Mod: :)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...ltage-monitor-parts-complete-light-59581.html

Or for my Maglite Monster kit: 🍺

http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...exmodp3-side-button-forward-clicky-57278.html

These are essential for my 9 Amp PT-54 Phlatlight Maglite build: :D

[url]http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/9-amp-pt-54-phlatlight-maglite-mod-64054.html
![/URL]

Last edited:

Thats a Great Price Jay.!

Getting these takes forever coming from overseas.! I just hate that.!

Good to know they are available now in the US.

I also have used a few different cells in this size and i have found that these are the best too. Iam using them in my tri Mag build and they are perfect.

:beer:

Last edited:

jayrob

I'm starting with stocking 10 at a time, and if there is demand, I will up the quantity for my orders/shipments... :beer:

Its crazy the mah they have. I feel they last forever in between charges. They Fit Perfect in Mag-Lites. Once that tail cap is screwed in there is no rattle what so ever.

When pulling nearly 14A in my Flashlight these cells NEVER SAG. They supply that 14A till they need charging.! Thats running 3x phlatlights at 10A.:eek: :D

No other 32650 held up like this before in that build. I have tried the only other 2 32650 out there well that i could find and there not even close on the same level as performance as these.

Last edited:

jayrob

Yep...

I know exactly what you mean. When I built my PT-54 Maglite mods, the protected cells from Novae were fine for the red emitter, but for the green (higher voltage emitter/more battery current draw needed in the build - same will be true for blue), I had to go with these bad boys.

Because the protection circuit on the Novae cells limited the output of those 9 Amp builds.

Just a bit of side info...

In that particular build (PT-54), the driver I'm using requires a minimum of 6 volts input. So it is still safe to use the non-protected cells! :)

It would be very similar for a 445 build in my Maglite Monster kit using a FlexModP3. Because the diode voltage demand plus driver dropout, will be about 6 volts, and your laser will get dimmer, telling you it is time to charge.

And of course I have a voltage monitor for my 1000 lumen Mag mods, so you don't have to worry about over discharge there... :beer:

Last edited:

DTR

That is great. It is such a pain getting these from them as their minimum shipping is like $35 so you have to order a bunch to offset the cost of shipping. Awesome.:beer:

Last edited:

Hargak

Thanks Jay, got them in and they charged right up, awaiting the rest of my build :)

jayrob

Good deal...

I'm confident you will like them, they are great cells! :beer:

I may have ran into another "hotlight" situation, but with hosts that are 2C and 2D "ancient light" style (chrome 50s, 60s style with sliding side switch), like RHD made. I have 12 on the way for testing before I buy out the few hundred they have.

If these hosts turn out to work good, this thread will come in handy for those needing the batteries to go with it.

I may have ran into another "hotlight" situation, but with hosts that are 2C and 2D "ancient light" style (chrome 50s, 60s style with sliding side switch), like RHD made. I have 12 on the way for testing before I buy out the few hundred they have.

If these hosts turn out to work good, this thread will come in handy for those needing the batteries to go with it.

Now that's something I'd be interested in. That reminds me, I really need to post some pictures of my "not quite so ancient light". With everything that's been going on I've been I haven't even had a chance to take any decent photos of it.

jayrob

:bumpit:

Here's a quote from a CPF member who tested these cells: :D

Colonel Sanders said:
Jay, you'll be pleased to know that these cells have not only passed my tests, they've far surpassed my best hopes. I'm going to start a thread in the battery section over at the mother site but I'll at least give a quick summary here. I'll also post a link here when that thread goes up for those who want the nitty gritty details. Here are the discharge data summary...

Discharge rate/Mah
2 amp = 5580
4 amp = 5559
5 amp = 5501
10 amp = 5384!

These cells hold up under load like nothing else I've tested. They very easily bested a brand new MNKE IMR26650 which made 3784Mah at 10a draw. The Feilong ran much cooler, longer, and suffered from far less voltage sag overall. That's saying something as the now discontinued MNKE IMR26650 cells are excellent. That's a difference of over 42% Mah at a 10a load in favor of the Feilong cell and that's not counting the lessened voltage sag which means the difference in actually energy supplied is even greater. :cool:

... P.S. I will be ordering more of these cells. I have several 26650s which are about to get replaced in my D Mags.

Man are these some awesome cells.:bowdown: I can't believe I haven't heard more about them. :confused:

I knew they were great cells just from use and comparison's, but I never had any numbers from real testing as you have done and shown...

Thanks very much for your work, and for posting back with the information! :thanks:

P.S. His Review thread: (with testing up to 13 Amps so far, and more testing to be updated)
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Ion-32650-cells-TESTED!&p=3936828#post3936828

Last edited:
thanks for the batteries. These are the same ones I used in my Maser build. 1HR continuous test for 2.7w laser with no problems. Shipped fast and works perfectly.