Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fs: CUSTOM LASER HOSTS, NEW HOSTS ADDED TODAY 1/10/16

OVNI

Nice. Here is the one I built with the NDG7475 in it. I believe it was 1.5 or 1.6 watts. It was crazy bright. The focus adapter lit up so brightly that you can't see the beam in some pictures. Lol. Ehgemus is the man.

I am the lucky new owner. TaterMay did a very nice job. It's a little over 1.5W IIRC. Still going strong.

Not to excite anyone hoping this is a new post from Ehgemus for more hosts, but I sure miss him listing them. Hope he comes back with more creations someday.

I agree Alaskan, luckily I snagged a couple of his hosts before he left. I'd love for him to come back, even if it means he has to increase his prices!

I never got to experience the man or his creations, but I am so jealous of those of you that were able to. I'd love to be a original owner of one of his hosts, sadly that will probably never be :(

If there was more activity here I might just buy a lathe and start getting creative, but lately this place seems slow.

Did he give a reason for leaving? I took a hiatus from LPF and missed his departure. He was gone when I returned but I am not aware of a reason why. Looks like Rivem might be our new Obi Wan Kenobi aka our only hope for custom host's. Seems like it was a pretty successful venture. Ehgemus sold a butt load of beautiful custom host's. I still have one I haven't built up as I'm not a huge fan of side momentary buttons. I doubt Ill have any trouble selling it if I decide to.

Did he give a reason for leaving? I took a hiatus from LPF and missed his departure. He was gone when I returned but I am not aware of a reason why. Looks like Rivem might be our new Obi Wan Kenobi aka our only hope for custom host's. Seems like it was a pretty successful venture. Ehgemus sold a butt load of beautiful custom host's. I still have one I haven't built up as I'm not a huge fan of side momentary buttons. I doubt Ill have any trouble selling it if I decide to.

Which one did you get? Got any pictures? :yh:

Ehgemus said he wanted a break from making host and something about real life circumstances where he have to work more hours....

Ehgemus said he wanted a break from making host and something about real life circumstances where he have to work more hours....

Nice to see you again :)
And that kinda sucks that he can't make hosts anymore but I wish him the best with his work and personal life.

Last I heard from him his profit margin was extremely low, was working his backside off for little return. Although he said he could make enough off of some of the custom jobs he did, most of the work just didn't compensate well enough for the amount of work he was putting into making the hosts. I didn't know he had other work which paid better, perhaps that is the crux.

Last I heard from him his profit margin was extremely low, was working his backside off for little return. Although he said he could make enough off of some of the custom jobs he did, most of the work just didn't compensate well enough for the amount of work he was putting into making the hosts. I didn't know he had other work which paid better, perhaps that is the crux.

i agreed...

he has to drop at least $20 before there were any taker...may be that was one of the many reason why he went on a hiatus and the same go for Sinner.

If you guys looked at Ehgemus picture, you can notice that he looks extremely skinny...:(

and doesn't seem happy at all.

Last edited:
i agreed...

he has to drop at least $20 before there were any taker...may be that was one of the many reason why he went on a hiatus and the same go for Sinner.

If you guys looked at Ehgemus picture, you can notice that he looks extremely skinny...:(

and doesn't seem happy at all.

Was the host making his source of living? If so I can see why he stopped. He couldn't have been making much off that. I thought he just did it as a side job.

I think it had always been a side job for him to make these hosts, no wonder he was working so hard, that's two jobs. If I'm going to have a second job, it will have to pay close to the same or better than my primary.

you definitely won't, if I like the host. My lightsaber host has the key lock at the pommel and a momentary side button. I'm a fan of the glowy side buttons.