Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: cree red laser 45.00

ElektroFreak said:
Wow.. I've been all over this thread, and I have yet to hear a good reason not to buy Jake's products. Or maybe I should say I have yet to hear it from someone qualified to make the claim.. If you've never been a customer of Jake's then you have no business making any statement at all about his business concerns.

My dealings with Jake21 have been great! I ordered products from him and they were immediately shipped out. I received my items within 2 business days.

Drew: I suspect you're just trying to "compete" in your own twisted way.. Bashing the competition is no way to go about it. All you need to do to remain competitive is have low prices and quality products. If you've got those then that's all you need. This obsessive bashing is just ridiculous.

Phoenix77: If you think Jake owes you something, take it up with him via PM. There's no need to sit here and try to kill this thread. I'm pretty sure that bashing Jake won't help motivate him to settle up. If you were pulling this crap with me you'd never see whatever it is you think you're owed.. (you can catch more flies with sugar than vinegar..)

Spyderz: While I don't pretend to know the full story, I hate to hear someone bash another person over one bad product. Even the largest manufacturers don't have perfect quality control. You've bought items before that were defective.. did that make you go bash the company everywhere you could? Usually I'd just go back and exchange it.. It's much harder to exchange things if you're just a person like Jake, but I have a feeling that if things had been handled well from the start that Jake would have been more than happy to make it right..

There are far more people who have had positive experiences with Jake than not. I, for one, would buy from him again in a heartbeat..

And to all you bashers out there... I'd think twice about starting any BST/GB threads unless you want me to come around and bash it even though all I know about you is stuff I heard on here, or stuff I heard from other people, or stuff I fixed after it had been handled and possibly modified by god-knows-who, and stored god-knows-where under god-knows-what conditions. Better yet, I'll just come and bash it even though I've never even done business with you at all.. Hell, you all sound like pricks anyway, right? That should be enough reason for me..
Makes clear sense to me....  :cool:

except the last part where you want to be a basher... [smiley=evil.gif] ;D ;D

Jerry

ben74

Hey Jake, it that the rckstr driver i sent? would be nice to know you got it working.

Phoenix77: i have a core battery cap (or was it the focus cap thing) anyway i could sell you it if you can't wait for jake. PM me if your interested.

It was a burning cap, but thanks anyway Ben. GOD only knows when I'll see it ;D

phoenix77 said:
It was a burning cap, but thanks anyway Ben. GOD only knows when I'll see it ;D

Sorry for the Noob question... but what is a Burning Cap... :-? :-?

Jerry

Not a NOOB question, Jerry. It's a cap assembly from Wicked that focuses the beam down to a pinpoint for excellent burning capabilities, that fits on the end of assorted pen style lasers. Wicked sells them for 30 clams ::)

ElektroFreak said:
Drew: I suspect you're just trying to "compete" in your own twisted way.. Bashing the competition is no way to go about it. All you need to do to remain competitive is have low prices and quality products. If you've got those then that's all you need. This obsessive bashing is just ridiculous.
have you seen me build or sell a laser recently? no? then how am i competing for anything....?

phoenix77 said:
@elektrofreak, if you run your life like you run your mouth, on heresay, you must live a sorry existence  ;D I AM qualified to comment on jakey's work, & so is drew. He fixed one of jakeys "GREAT BUILDS" for me. As for your statement about what YOU would do in jakeys place, WHO CARES, this isn't about you, it's about jakey & his slime ball business protocols & his shoddy construction techniques ;) So you got one of his "GOOD" ones, have you looked inside, or are you afraid to ? HMMM? About jakeys REP, have you actually SEEN his RAP I mean REP sheet. Now look at mine, I have one blemish on it & guess who it's from ? You really outta read before you leap into the fire with both feet ;)  Lastly, are you [highlight]making threats[/highlight] on the Forum about what you'll do about FREE SPEECH ::) AVERY, PLEASE TAKE NOTICE ::)

I'll just state that anyone with questions about character simply compare this post with any post of mine. Some of the primary differences you'll see are:

[highlight]A level-headed approach to things[/highlight] Rather than simply explode on someone, I'd much rather give them an opportunity to act like an idiot on their own.

[highlight]No Insults[/highlight] Rather than make insulting comments about people that are completely unrelated to the topic at hand, I prefer to stick with the adult approach.. Anything I say about someone is based on what I see, not what I assume must be the case..

[highlight]Complete Ideas[/highlight] Rather than throw fragments of concepts around without any real depth, I prefer to take the time to write in complete phrases and about complete ideas.

[highlight]Attention to proper caps usage[/highlight] I only use capital letters when starting a sentence or a name. Italics are for emphasis..

[highlight]No smiley abuse[/highlight] Good god man.. you'd think you were working on some new language based entirely on smileys.

[highlight]Good Grammar.[/highlight] My, how far a complete sentence will go toward making one seem sophisticated.

[highlight]Good Spelling[/highlight] My, how far good spelling will go.. well, you know where I'm headed with this...

[highlight]Miscellaneous grownup behaviors[/highlight] Instead of acting like a child and hurling insults and capital letters laced with smileys, I prefer to stop, take a breath and really formulate how to respond to a given circumstance in the best way possible.

And finally phoenix77, no one is threatening you. The fact that you would automatically assume that everyone will stoop to that level says something about your character as well..

In my last post, I merely stated things as I saw them. I didn't say anything derogatory to or about anyone, nor would I.

You also ask "Who cares what you think or what you would do?" Obviously, the same could be said about your posts.. We all have the same rights here, so we are all free to say what we will. It would be prudent, however, for some folks to look at their posts before they press the "post" button to make sure that you are giving the best response possible.

While you may believe that no one cares what I have to say, I can guarantee (as with any other post) that someone somewhere will read this very post and have some sort of emotional response, maybe even leading them to take time out of their life to respond to it. So much for not caring..

drew said:
[quote author=ElektroFreak link=1234052678/48#60 date=1234208829]Drew: I suspect you're just trying to "compete" in your own twisted way.. Bashing the competition is no way to go about it. All you need to do to remain competitive is have low prices and quality products. If you've got those then that's all you need. This obsessive bashing is just ridiculous.
have you seen me build or sell a laser recently? no? then how am i competing for anything....?[/quote]

I'm sorry then, this link must be to someone else's sale thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1232567937

ElektroFreak said:
[quote author=drew link=1234052678/64#69 date=1234217264][quote author=ElektroFreak link=1234052678/48#60 date=1234208829]Drew: I suspect you're just trying to "compete" in your own twisted way.. Bashing the competition is no way to go about it. All you need to do to remain competitive is have low prices and quality products. If you've got those then that's all you need. This obsessive bashing is just ridiculous.
have you seen me build or sell a laser recently? no? then how am i competing for anything....?[/quote]

I'm sorry then, this link must be to someone else's sale thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1232567937
[/quote]
isnt this thread for a completed laser...? ::) if i was trying to compete wouldnt i have posted in his FS thread?

drew said:
[quote author=ElektroFreak link=1234052678/64#71 date=1234218014][quote author=drew link=1234052678/64#69 date=1234217264][quote author=ElektroFreak link=1234052678/48#60 date=1234208829]Drew: I suspect you're just trying to "compete" in your own twisted way.. Bashing the competition is no way to go about it. All you need to do to remain competitive is have low prices and quality products. If you've got those then that's all you need. This obsessive bashing is just ridiculous.

[/quote]
isnt this thread for a completed laser...? ::) if i was trying to compete wouldnt i have posted in his FS thread?[/quote]

Jake also sells sleds.. He's very much your competition. I could easily be wrong in my observations. I'm certainly not above admitting that. The bottom line is that it's ridiculous to come here and repeatedly bash Jake over and over. If you have something negative to say, then once you've said your piece that should be that. As I just said.. I have no intention of saying anything bad about anyone's personality, even you Drew. Now if you want to come back at me with an explosion of anger, and splutter about how I must lead such a pathetic existence (as was done earlier, but not by you) then I'll make no excuses for your behavior. I'll be calling it like it is, and you'll be showing the world that I'm correct..

The reason that I don't make derogatory comments about people is that aside from what I see here I don't know any of you at all. You all could be just amazing people with integrity and personality to spare. I'm just calling it like I see it and if people here can't handle that then that's their problem..

have i even said anything about it since rebman posted his review yesterday and said he would post pics today? i just wanted clarification on how you think i was competing. i think your confusing me with someone/thing else...

I've made purchases from Jake and will be posting a review in the feedback thread soon. Some of the feedback will be good, some not so good. I don't consider myself a basher, however I do feel as a member of this forum that it would be acceptable for me to inform other members, and visiting members, of my experiences with Jake.
I've made several purchases from various other LPF members as well, and will use those experiences to compare my transactions to those with Jake.
In the future, I may continue to do business with Jake. (Hey, sometimes he has nice stuff for sale.)

May I suggest to all prospective buyers (from anyone on here, not just Jake) to use an American Express card/similar credit card that has buyer protection benefits.

jake21

ColdStl i have ur labby heatsink done just need ur address ;)... and thanks for those who is not being a dick :p

I can't speak for the way drew feels about your "astute comments' ::)elektrofreak, but as for me, I can see I may as well be talking to the wall for all the headway I'm making trying to get a point across. Therefore, I'm dropping out of this duel of wits, because it's obvious that you are only 'HALF ARMED' ::)