Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Collection HUGE PRICE DROPS Added Kryton Groove

ru124t

Re: FS: Collection HUGE PRICE DROPS

Is the 520 still available?

IsaacT

Anything in quotes is taken. So only the 650, 532, and 488 remain.

Do you have a review anywhere on the Argon? What type/model is it? Does it work without the remote interface? I just picked up a JDSU 2114 series head and just now realized you had an Argon for sale too.

I would strongly urge you not to disassemble it, if you do you are quite likely to damage it. If you insist on doing so, I'd send it to someone who has experience taking them apart. There are several formats that the PGL-Cs come in, and you wouldn't want to ruin something so expensive. There's not really a step by step way to disassemble it. Though if you set some time aside is be happy to help you over a Skype video feed it you want to do it alone. Ill warn you it can be potentially quite frustrating and slow, as well as vey dangerous for the laser.

Have you had one of these apart before? All along I have assumed this had a module inside that is based on their OEM-H series which would be relatively easy to remove and replace into another host. I was going to inquire about this to CNI before I got into it. I did pull the shitter cap off in order to fix it. As it turns out it seems to be missing a small screw holding this shutter in place. I found a tiny screw that works well but I'm not sure if it will stay put over the long haul. It's not a very well designed shutter mechanism. It requires a perfectly sized (length) tiny screw to hold the shutter to the cap, the length being long enough to bottom out in the hole and provide a lock for the screw and still be loose enough on the shutter to slide (hard to explain in text). Locktite would seem to be the obvious answer but I'm not sure about fumes messing up any of the optics. It has an adjustable aluminum plate with a glued on lens (off center badly) that screws in and out of the threaded barrel of the host to provide the focus which is set with white goop. I suspect there is a type OEM-H module under this plate but I don't want to remove it for a few reasons right now 1) I don't need to 2) since the lens is so far off center I wonder if it was put on this way after it was focused to align the beam straight out the front 3) I am not certain there is a OEM-H module underneath and I would hate to screw it out and find I completely screwed up the alignment of the crystal assembly.

I cannot imagine it doesn't have a module under this plate as it appears whatever is under there is very loose. If it were the crystal set it couldn't remain aligned well being this loose, I THINK....

I just sent an inquiry to CNI asking if they have an explosion diagram or similar of this unit. If you are familiar with what's inside please tell all,I am anxious to know what's under this lens plate.

So far I have been sucessful in fixing the shutter which works well enough for now, at least until that screw works it's way out.

No, I don't have any review of the argon.

It's a uniphase 2201 single line 20mW rated head & I'm fairly sure it has the matching PSU.

It works without the remote, just flip the power switch and you can adjust current on the PSU.

__

They use a PGL-H module in the III-C's. That module is not sat inside the host right.

Last edited:

I've disassembled and rebuilt several cni lasers. Both lab heads and portables. There are several iterations of each model. Some have all parts coming out the front, others separate in the middle. Cni won't surrender diagrams, people have asked before. You're not supposed to take it apart. They epoxy parts in place and scraping it from aluminum threads can be difficult and still expect it to come apart properly-To say the least. There are modules in some, others do not and are incrementally "stacked" in the head some modules are covered and some are not.

Recently I had to repair two of mine, and force remove the module from a green for WBS, which was no easy task. It's easy construction/design so it's serviceable in theory, but it doesn't always work out that way. WBS's green I actually had to disassemble fully-beyond the crystals so they wouldn't be damaged as I had to cut it out of the base and then reassembled it by hand because the threads got destroyed when he removed the epoxy.

Adding unused kryton groove -- no lens, only assembly done involves the switch and threading nonsense. (rings, lube, etc)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Asking $50

__

Also, I want to get rid of my excess vintage flashlights (and lava lamps)

Flashlights will be sold at just the cost of shipping.

Details on the other lighting in this ancient thread

Last edited:
Got the 589 today and cleaned it up a bit. works like a charm now! Some of the loss may have been from the extremely dirty lens and bad connection from the tailcap. its crazy bright now! I haven't seen this much yellow outside of a lab in person before. Its quite a beautiful laser.

Last edited:
hows the dot on the 650nm leadlight? also wondering if you wouldn't sell to me because I'm new ;)

Ba-bump

Uh, I'm down to the argon and the kryton groove.

150 + shipping for the argon (anyone??)

Any offers for the kryton groove? Hmm?

XD001

Sorry to hear your leaving--

185.99 for Argon Laser SHIPPED? :)

That's all I can give right now.

I am laughing because I posted this and now I realize I only have 4 rep. not 5, somebody kill me (not really)!

Last edited: