Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 996mW 532nm Krypton Lasersaber

Re: FS: 532nm Krypton Lasersaber - $700

I'm very interested on this! But the Power must be known..:/

0RTQF.png

Uhm, yeah, gonna need a middle man to verify that...

ARG

I think it would sell easier if you had someone verify the power. Lots of people don't trust those WL power graphs.

rhd

I'm confused. I swear I just saw this for the first time like 5 minutes ago, and it said $700. Now it says $900.... ?!?

New way to Bump your Sale Thread!
Price increased :D

Last edited:
All I meant is;

1. I don't trust any data from WL.

Double Edit: Note the graph starts at 990mW, with the scale clearly altered. Even with a coherent, there would still be a 1-2 second rise, if as WL claims, the laser is put onto the sensor after 1-2 minutes of operation.

2. For a $900 (or $700) laser, I would want a much longer LPM reading, more pictures, video, and middle man.

Edit: This isn't ebay, playing with price like that is a strange move.

Last edited:

rhd

Some thoughts in no particular order:

A) Everyone is free to set prices as they see fit. At the same time, it's going to look lame when you fudge with them (particularly upwards) after something has been listed. The flip side of being free to set prices as you see fit, is that others are free to comment as they see fit, and if people see you bouncing your price around (particularly upwards), you've gotta expect some feedback ;)

B) A WickedLasers LPM chart doesn't count as LPM credentials. Anyone can make a graph. I'm not saying their charts are wrong, I'm not saying they're right. I'm saying we have no idea what those charts are, and they don't count as "LPMing". Not even "sort of". In fact....

C) ...previous LPM charts from someone other than the current owner, are barely adequate LPM credentials anyway. For one, time can change a laser, particularly a DPSS laser. The output of a laser, months after initial LPMing, can be different (generally lower in the case of 532nm). Even further, the laser will have been subjected to shipping in between the LPMing and the lasers current home, which means vibration as well as potential temperature change.

D) Discount relative to "retail" is not terribly critical to the price of the laser in the case of a WL build. They're over-priced to boot.

Last edited:

DJNY

You´re going to sell it 100% if someone reputable is metering this and we see that there is really no IR in the output and divergence isn´t that bad.

btc5

Indeed, external laser power meter test would be greatly appreciated.