Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: ~650mW 638nm, in camo 501B: $80

I'm selling my 638nm unit: $80 shipped CON US

The 638nm unit uses the mitsubishi 500mW rated diode, it outputs around 650mW when assembled. the original LPM chart was between 993mW and 1035mW, as this chart shows.http://users.telenet.be/nihao/Verkoop/LPM/LPM Shakenawake 638nm 501B.jpg

the heat sink is aluminum. not sure what kind of driver it has, but there are only two modes, off, and full power. It has a g lens coated for red light. just a regular focus adapter, with dust cap. no battery is included, this unit uses a single 18650, negative towards tail. for $35 less I can sell it with a 3 element instead of the g lens.

here is the host

I've done business with DJNY, Blord, Hackzaw1, flaminpyro, and bungy, and Jetlasers, and I'm a somewhat familiar avatar this last year, even if i don't have a ton to contribute. they'll tell you good things or at least not bad things if trust is an issue. I must insist money up front and would much prefer payment as a PP gift. this lessens fees. besides, even if I did rip you off, PP has no laser policy so filing a claim might just result in two banned pp accounts.

Thanks guys, I'll be glad to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge

sorry about the defects in the pics, my camera's lens was damaged by my careless friend who will not be borrowing my stuff anymore. I guess it still beats my crappy phone camera

you also have to be 18+, know all the rules, have red light specific safety glasses, all the stuff that should go without saying. I'm saying it now. this will be shipped in parts (host+module) you must do some assembly (very easy) so that I am not technically selling a functional laser, same reason as ricktrent.

Last edited:

NO4H99

Re: FS: DominatoR

Good price, just no money.

It might get a higher price and wider audience if you replace the diode yourself though.

You won't get a higher audience with replacing the diode yourself or get a higher price. You'd just bump it the cost of the diode. Diodes are fixed costs, the don't fluctuate that much in price. All it is, when the time comes, is unsolder two wires and resolder the two from the new diode, shrink wrap them and go. IMO its a great deal for anyone wanting to get a dominator but want to save money. Diode will cost you ~$100 so $300 shipped you have a over 3w killer

Tmack

I think this one is just going to take a bit of time for the perfect buyer. One that's willing To spend less money to have a great laser, but doesn't mind the 15min job of replacing the diode.

Seriously guys the dominators are insane. Heatsinked driver and another on the pill, from what Blord says. These are really premium quality lasers. And for this price with just a quick repair, one could have one of the legendary 3w + from Blord.

This is a good deal considering what you paid, sure we can get one brand new for 349 but 200 is awsum coming down from 450, if you made the niks look abit less with a dremel or something then tried to take a couple pix with a frends camera it should get a higher chance of sale, but just hearing it has a few niks and no pix myt make a couple potential buyers think twice ,
I would grab it but just got me a dominator last month
Anyway Good price I Say, Goodluck with the sale!

I am sure some pictures of the host and copper will help with this sale. (To show the flaws.)

Now you don't you what you are buying :)

greetings,,

Might be a good host for the new 1W greenies, if someone is willing to buy one of those at ~$700.

my buddy borrowed my crappy 12 megapixel camera and when he returned it the lens was all scratched, permanently visible in any pictures it takes, the other choice is my 1 megapixel camera phone. I guess I'll do it just to show the nicks, I assure you guys they are small.

Ok pics added to OP, told you my camera was crappy, but they do show these very slight blemishes

Last edited:
Re: FS: DominatoR, 520nm, and 638nm.

can you give an estimate or something about how much for the 638nm? I don't know its approx value so wouldn't know where to start

I really wish I was able to bid on those two lasers. I dont want to give lowball offers or spend money since it needs to go towards bills :(

Also I bet that long focus adapter really helps out with the 638nm wings

Tmack

I was thinking the same thing, if I got one, I'd have to get the other. Really like them .

I thought the same thing when I got them, it actually does not help the wings

Dang, if it did I was going to have to contact Jeff for one. Jeff did do those right?

yes. he only charged me $25 each, but I did order 4

I think, my friend, that the "make me an offer" thing scares people - they don't want to look cheap by making a low ball offer and they don't want to spend too much by making a high offer. Perhaps you should state a minimum price and a bidding period?

Good luck on the sale!