Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 650-G-1 Glass Lens Modification! - Fit for AixiZ - 25% Increase for Red!

Hello, I am interested in this lens... but I'd like to know technical details, in particular what the focal length is, the NA value and the diameter....can you point to a data sheet?

The point is that the lens must be well matched to the laser diode; I had complaints about the beam quality of my single mode lasers, and this was due to the fact that the Roithner Lens-27 I used is matched to ordinary DVD diodes that typically have a fast opening angle of 17 degrees; but it is not well-matched to the 642nm Opnext H6385 I use, which leads to all sorts of spill-over diffraction effects, Airy rings, etc.
Thus I am looking for lenses optimized for those diodes (which have a fast opening angle of 23 degrees).

So, can you tell the optical data of your 650-G-1?

Thanks,
R.X.

PS: Or perhaps some other person could tell how the far-field pattern of this lens looks, for an Opnext H6385? - thanks.

Last edited:

jayrob

I'll just say that so far, there has not been found a better lens for red DVD diodes than this one...

Dave (daguin) did a review/comparison with Meredith's (now discontinued) 'optimized for red' lens here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/jayrobs-605-g-1-lens-ftw-46484.html

The problem is, others have copied my designs before (on some things), and then sold right along side me. So I don't want to share the data sheet because I could be copied. It's happened before, and it kind of soured me...

You know, if other sellers didn't copy my designs and sell right along side me, I would share all my measurements, and a lot more information in my threads than I do. (for all my kits) Because I show many details for 'do it yourself' builders. But other sellers have copied in the past. So that's why I stopped showing measurements. And that's why I don't want to share the data sheet of my new lens modification...

Last edited:
I
I don't want to share the data sheet because I could be copied.

Well normally any company is glad if their data sheets are copied, because it drives up sales of their products.

So if you are not willing to tell the diameter and focal length of your lens, then I won't buy it and use it in the laser heads I offer, it is as simple as that.

jayrob

I understand that...

It is not my lens, I buy the lenses. But I do the custom mount fit for Aixiz...

Please don't take it personal, but it's just a rule that I have for myself now...

It's a classic case of the bad people messing it up for the good people...

Last edited:
So you are selling the bare lenses without telling their diameter etc? I wonder whoever wants to buy something like that....

jayrob

Yes your are correct...

I may lose sales if people don't trust my test results, or trust me...

There are other trust worthy members who have tried the lens though.

Again, please don't take it personal. Very sorry that you feel the way you do...

Last edited:
Jay --

Maybe I missed it but what is the OD of that red lens? I have a mini module and I don't know if it will fit.

HMike

Hey if your lens is damaged to the point that you no longer want it, you can buy the bare optic for $25 dollars plus $2 dollars shipping...

Or send it to me and I will install it for you. (same price)

Just PM me! :) There is some work involved in making the sleeve for the mount and stuff, so even if the optic is trashed from the gun power from lighting fuses, the brass nut assembly can still be used for a new lens...

PM Sent!

ZRTMWA

It is a 6mm diameter lens...

Smaller than my 405-G-1...

What is the diameter of the standard Aixiz glass lens, the crappy $5 one? Thanks. Oh and by the way, is there a comparison thread for the Aixiz 405nm lens vs your 405-G-1 lens? I thought there was but maybe that was just the 405-G-1 vs. the Aixiz acrylic.

Last edited:
Zrt -- If you have an aixiz, measure it yourself. Simple fix. I'll see if I have one here to measure but in the meantime, get out your caliper.

HMike

ZRT --

Then what is the purpose of your post? I just ground a screwdriver down to fit and am trying to get to an Aixiz lens.
$h!t-------
HMike

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

My purpose is this. There are AR coated lenses all over the internet for very cheap prices. I'm trying to find one that is the same diameter as the Aixiz glass lens, so that I can just punch out the old lens and put in the new. Sorry if I caused you problems, I was hoping someone would just know off the top off their head. I tried contacting Aixiz, they are no help :cryyy: