Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 532nm lab; 473nm lab

If anybody is hesitating buying from madog because his post count isn't through the roof, I can vouch for him. I bought the 532nm module from him and it runs flawlessly, he packaged it great and shipped it quickly.

madog

If anybody is hesitating buying from madog because his post count isn't through the roof, I can vouch for him. I bought the 532nm module from him and it runs flawlessly, he packaged it great and shipped it quickly.

Thankyou!

Your blue laser appears to be a CNI. CNI heads that have analog modulation require voltage on the modulation line to produce output. In short, if you plug it in with the modulation input disconnected completely, the keyswitch (if any) engaged and you get light, it's TTL.

So when you plug the laser into the wall and turn the key, does it light up without any further action? Or do you need to apply voltage to the modulation wires to get it to light up? This isn't too hard to determine.. it's as simple as yes or no.

I'm guessing that since it's lit up in your pictures it's TTL, but I can't see if you've got anything connected to the modulation input.. If it powers up and produces light with nothing connected to the modulation input, it's TTL for sure.

Last edited:

madog

So when you plug the laser into the wall and turn the key, does it light up without any further action? Or do you need to apply voltage to the modulation wires to get it to light up? This isn't too hard to determine.. it's as simple as yes or no.

I'm guessing that since it's lit up in your pictures it's TTL, but I can't see if you've got anything connected to the modulation input.. If it powers up and produces light with nothing connected to the modulation input, it's TTL for sure.

Yes when the key is turned, it lights up without messing with the modulation wires.

Then it's TTL.. Most other manufacturers use the same scheme as CNI, so generally you can use this to find out what almost any Chinese laser is.

Madog, how long have you run the blue at ~55mW? Is it stable for long duty cycles? I might be interested.

madog

Madog, how long have you run the blue at ~55mW? Is it stable for long duty cycles? I might be interested.

I have left it on for a couple of hours at a time with no problems. It is stable.

Well if I understand EF, with nothing attached to the Modulation wires ( should be red and black) and the labby works then it is TTL only- if you add 5 v to the mod. wires and it works then its analogue & TTL- that is the way my 1W red analogue lab works- no power to mod wires - no lase. 5v to the red/black =1173mws of 655nm.

Pm on offer anyway.
mr lucky aka hak

Last edited: